Trusted Contributor

How to Install GPS on Tracfone

I hope someone who is much more knowledgeable about technology than me could help me with this problem.

I bought the LGL41C that was the TSV a couple of months ago.  I havelooked in the tutorials and the user manual about GPS, but really don't understand it all.  I understand about turning the location GPS on or off, but I want the type of GPS that tells me the route to travel as I drive.  How do I do this?  Do I have to install an app from an outside source, and if I do, which one is good and is free or low cost?

In addition, I tried sending some pictures via phone and followed the steps in the tutorial.  But the contact did not get the pictures.  I was able to follow all the steps until I got to the middle where it says to "push the OK button".  I never had a screen with OK as an option, so I am wondering if I have something set somewhere that doesn't allow sending pictures or what.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Like I said, I have looked at the manual and the tutorials several times for both problems and just can't figure it out.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

Re: How to Install GPS on Tracfone

I do t have this phone, so not sure exactly what is installed on it. Does it have some sort of maps app? If so, can you tell the name of it?

If it doesn't, and even if it does, you can go to the App Store and download a GPS app. Just search GPS once you bring up the App Store app to see what comes up. There is probably something there for free, or $1 or so. I would read reviews on the app before downloading. There is probably something that you'll click right there in the App Store that says reviews. Read what people are saying about the GPS the app provides.

Once you download that you should be able to get the turn by turn directions your are looking for.
Respected Contributor

Is it Google maps?  You have to put in a destination for the GPS portion of Google maps or any GPS app to work.  Once you put in a destination, select navigate, go or what ever the apps has for starting the function.  Be advised, GPS uses data from your data plan the entire time it's working.  With Google maps, it works in the background if you don't turn it off.  On my iPhone, I double push the home button, find Google maps and swipe it up.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Google Maps app is free,but other navigation apps can cost more than a $1.  http://www.androidauthority.com/best-gps-app-and-navigation-app-for-android-357870/

When you use a navigation turn app on an smartphone  you need to use a data plan. You can check the Tracfone site for data prices .

You question about  this phone and sending photos by text message. You  should contact Tracfone.

https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6180&t=541143

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your responses.  I have made copies of them in Word so I can reread them and follow your suggestions step by step.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta