Super Contributor

How do I transfer from "dead" Tracfone?

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy A10e from QVC on 2/28/20. This new phone will not connect to the charger anymore and the battery life is almost gone! 

How do I transfer to a new phone when this phone is basically dead?  This is the most important question so I appreciate any help here.

It has a 1 year warranty and I don't know how to begin to work with that and need a phone right away.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: How do I transfer from "dead" Tracfone?

[ Edited ]

I have been successful transferring information from a dead laptop by taking out the drive (where the data is stored) and putting it into an external drive cabinet which I can read using a USB cable.  I would think something like that could be done with a phone.  I suggest going somewhere with a technical expertise on your old phone manufacturer.   Or if you are handy, google.

Respected Contributor

I have the same phone- have you tried a differnet cord and / or charger?  those often go bad - Will it charge in the car with your car charger?

Super Contributor

Thanks @LexaMom and @Mothertrucker for your reply.   We tried three differend cords and it just wouldn't make the connection to the phone. It turns out it must have been a software issue. Turned the phone off and on again and it worked magically!  Important to remember not to let the phone drain completely or the reboot wouldn't be possible!

I would still be good to know what I would do if this reboot wouldn't work.  I am not totally technically challenged but almost there, Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lizzys

Please do a Google search How to backup my phone to a Google account,

You will find Google help.

This will help you save your data, contacts, apps asd photos. 

Respected Contributor

Youtube has a great  step by step video on using Transfer Wizard if that helps!

Glad you got it charged!!  really like mine, though it has been acting a little weird since the early July software update...

Honored Contributor

The July Android update killed my phone's ability to make or receive calls. I couldn't call out and people calling me had their calls go straight to voicemail. A bit of deep probing in the menus showed "mobile network disconnected". After a lot of looking around online with no one solid clue how to fix it, I opted for the easy fix and just rebooted the phone and so far, so good. Online sources said it might be a bad SIM card, the phone needed to be reprogrammed, the phone was broken and needed to be replaced, etc., but a simple reboot seems to have solved the problem. Kind of odd as the phone rebooted after the update installed, but apparently something got tweaked in that reboot and a new reboot fixed the issue. Whenever your phone gets a bit wonky, treat it like a computer and reboot it. It may just fix the issue.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!