Honored Contributor

Re: How did they get my password?

@IamMrsG wrote:

I'm not creative enough to keep coming up with "strong" passwords, so without intending to hijack this thread, I have a question to ask: 

Is it enough to switch passwords back 'n forth every few months--I mean, either reverse a numerical sequence, e.g., a former phone number, or alternate between two whole passwords?  

No. To create strong passwords, just use parts of a couple words and add in a capital letter and some numbers and fandoms signs,,,%#$+*. It’s easy, experiment. Have a little pad where you write your passwords down. Do not ever use a password that has shown up in your email. Never reuse this password.

Honored Contributor

@ImABoor wrote:

Ignore it.  I get them all the time in my Spam.   They have 2 old passwords that I used years ago. If you look on line you will see it is a scam.  Don't let this rattle you.

They always threaten to show videos of you at the computer.  Put a piece of paper over your camera for your peace of mind.

I have Life L--k protection & was notified this morning that my e-mail appeared on the dark web.  I just went in & changed my password.

Just have a different password for all of your sites.  I typed out a list & that shows all of my passwords.

Make sure that you change any passwords frequently that involve banking or credit cards.

Hope this helps.

Don’t open it, but don’t ignore the fact they have one of your passwords. Change that password. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

My best friend got that email last week too.  She changed all of her passwords and deleted it.  I think she called apple too; not sure.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   The time you spent with the Apple tech was well worth it.  Take her advice.

Esteemed Contributor

Just try to ignore it. However you did the right thing to get in touch with Apple these people have nothing better to do then to try to scam us and get our information. This is the world we live in nowadays we were better off the way we were with none of this computer junk. JMO!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have gotten "supposed" emails from my brother-in-law, and a girlfriend, both DECEASED............

OMG, who could do such a horrible thing to you?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got another email from someone saying they had hacked my account today.  I did NOT open it but could read about a sentence without opening it.  They didn't mention a password.  I don't know if they asked for money but assume they did.  I wonder why I'm all of a sudden getting these emails.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I got that too...it went into my spam and I forgot about it. They know how to fool you and want you to click on links or reply, never do that. Just watch your accounts and things to make sure and change PW if you feel like it.

Super Contributor

lol...yeah they told me that too, photos, go get you know what.................