Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Times a Day Do You Have to Say

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Maybe someday you'll buy a smart bulb or two.  Turn lights on when you're on your way home (in the dark) from your car.  Turn them on/off hands free from anywhere...you know, if you want to (g)  My air fryer is "smart".  Now as many smart devices as I have and as much as I'm into the tech, I've yet to figure out why I want my air fryer to be smart.  Maybe if I lived in a two story house, was on the floor my air fryer wasn't and needed to...I don't know.  I still can't figure why.  I'll Google it.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I know it's not the same, but I do have a bulb that comes on and turns off automatically on the front porch.  That's about as smart as my bulbs need to be.  

And now all this stuff that needs an app, like my new scale and my new dash cam.  That darn Drive app is already causing problems and I haven't even put the camera in the car yet.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

but I do have a bulb that comes on and turns off automatically on the front porch

(g)

And now all this stuff that needs an app, like my new scale and my new dash cam.  That darn Drive app is already causing problems and I haven't even put the camera in the car yet.  

Do you have any neighbor kids?  Anyone under 30?  Once you get something set up, you can (usually) forget it unless it needs updated and you haven't set it to update automatically.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

but I do have a bulb that comes on and turns off automatically on the front porch

(g)

Do you have any neighbor kids?  Anyone under 30?  Once you get something set up, you can (usually) forget it unless it needs updated and you haven't set it to update automatically.

@monicakm , not that I would ask.  My next door neighbors have school age kids.  

My only problem is, I keep getting a message that Drive is slowing down my wifi.  I'm guessing it's probably just not compatible with my what is considered an old phone although it didn't mention it when I installed it, and it paired fine with my dash cam.  I've just decided to wait and set it up with my new phone since I would rather do that before installing the dash cam in my car since it's a permanent mount as opposed to my previous one which was a suction cup mount.  

Super Contributor

none, we do not have any electric talk to gadgets in our

house.

mrshckynut 

Super Contributor

Haven't seen John posting for while.  Is everything OK?

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

(g)

@monicakm , not that I would ask.  My next door neighbors have school age kids.  

My only problem is, I keep getting a message that Drive is slowing down my wifi.  I'm guessing it's probably just not compatible with my what is considered an old phone although it didn't mention it when I installed it, and it paired fine with my dash cam.  I've just decided to wait and set it up with my new phone since I would rather do that before installing the dash cam in my car since it's a permanent mount as opposed to my previous one which was a suction cup mount.  

Is your WIFI signal secure?  If not, your neighbors can be using your service and slowiing down it down.  You shouldn't be gettiing a message like that unless your drive is doing it. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

yes he quit posting here

mrshckynut 

Super Contributor

@mrshckynut wrote:

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

yes he quit posting here

mrshckynut 

That's too bad.  I hope you are both doing well. 

Honored Contributor

@mrshckynut wrote:

@gadgetgal613 wrote:

yes he quit posting here

mrshckynut 

@mrshckynut 

I don't know the exact circumstances that led up to that, but please tell John that Tinkrbl44 said hello.

And please also tell him I hope he'll reconsider that decision.  Many posters miss his intellect, insights and humor.