Respected Contributor

Re: Hope someone can make since of this? very creepy ... Thanks in advance.

On 5/29/2014 Starlight1 said:
On 5/29/2014 ROMARY said:

O.K. Well, relax and glad you will go to PD tomorrow! Thanks again for 'listening' to all of our varied thoughts........

I can not believe this thread has gotten so big. I did not mean for this to happen . I did not think people would be interested in this at all. {and your welcome]

Atta girl, so glad you are going to PD. Smiley Happy. Happycat is right, you can't tell who is nuts or not. I can tell you this, if I ever do get back into a serious relationship again, I wouldn't hesitate to hire a PI for a background check. Blessings and be safe! Hugs.
Frequent Contributor

Please, please, please take a photo of the cop's face when you explain your problem.

I need a good laugh.

Honored Contributor

Hey, police take this type of thing very seriously. Especially if it's happened to others in the area. I just mentioned this to a couple of male relatives today, and the very first thing they individually said is 'Go to the police station'. At least it will be on file.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 5/27/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Well the postmark doesn't mean that's where the person lives, just where it was mailed from. If I mail stuff from my office it says Washington, DC on the post mark but if I mail it from home it says Vienna, Virginia.

It doesn't have to be a relative, it can be an old neighbor of relatives that happens to have pictures for whatever reason. I have a ton of pictures of the neighbor kids I grew up with from their graduations and various parties at their houses. My uncle used to be big on pictures (he has about 10 cameras) and used to do slides. I have 4 tubs of slides in my basement. Half the people I have no idea who they are and my mother has no idea who they are.

My first thought was someone cleaning out maybe their deceased parents home and knew the photos were you and sent them. Maybe thought you don't know them so hence no return address. Kind of a far stretch, but could be. Let us know what you find out.

Super Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Rowdyone said:

Please, please, please take a photo of the cop's face when you explain your problem.

I need a good laugh.

I want to see, too!!! As if the police have nothing better to do than chase down baby pictures.

Honored Contributor

I've thought about this a lot before posting here. What is unnerving is that whoever did this was counting on this very reaction and attention from you. This was thought out and intentional, although most likely harmless. I guess I can understand no return address, but why not a few words explaining the pictures and why they were sent. Obviously, this person has some sort of connection with you and your past. I can understand that you found this "creepy".... It is. And that's what was intended, IMO. Good luck.......
~H~
Super Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Helen47 said: I've thought about this a lot before posting here. What is unnerving is that whoever did this was counting on this very reaction and attention from you. This was thought out and intentional, although most likely harmless. I guess I can understand no return address, but why not a few words explaining the pictures and why they were sent. Obviously, this person has some sort of connection with you and your past. I can understand that you found this "creepy".... It is. And that's what was intended, IMO. Good luck.......

It was more likely someone who had no idea that the recipient would completely freak out and go to the police. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Starlight1 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink}Good evening all! Well did some more searching and found that I have no one looking for me. I did not upload any pictures on my own .. And I took my listing off the white pages and other "find people" websites. I hope this is the last time I get any mail like this [?} The double thread was my mistake{#emotions_dlg.blush} And it is very easy to take yourself of these sites just go to the site and right click "settings" and it will ask is this you? and just say no and delete.

It's impossible to take yourself off of all those sites. I can't go into detail, but I know this for sure because of a situation that a family member was dealing with. Even with the help of the police, there are things on the internet that stay there no matter what. (I'm not trying to scare you - I personally think you have nothing to worry about.)

However, please (!) stop saying that you live alone. You've mentioned it several times here and at least 4 times on the other thread. Saying you're scared or worried is one thing, but there's no reason to advertise the fact that you live alone over & over & over. And I'm familiar with where you live and it is a big place. But I still see no reason to pinpoint so closely where it is. There's no reason to do that, and lots of reasons not to! (And not just in this case. Always!)

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/29/2014 ennui1 said:
On 5/29/2014 Helen47 said: I've thought about this a lot before posting here. What is unnerving is that whoever did this was counting on this very reaction and attention from you. This was thought out and intentional, although most likely harmless. I guess I can understand no return address, but why not a few words explaining the pictures and why they were sent. Obviously, this person has some sort of connection with you and your past. I can understand that you found this "creepy".... It is. And that's what was intended, IMO. Good luck.......

It was more likely someone who had no idea that the recipient would completely freak out and go to the police. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I agree! And they could have intended to include a note, but accidentally left it out. I have a feeling there's a completely innocent explanation, and I also have a feeling that the OP is going to find out what it is before long.

Kiss

Super Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Rowdyone said:

I need a good laugh.

Thanks for the good belly laugh. Not to make light of the OP dilemma, but I doubt there is much they can or will do.