Super Contributor

Re: Hope someone can make since of this? very creepy ... Thanks in advance.

On 5/28/2014 Chi-town girl said: 2 posts? What does this have to do with QVC, electronics and shopping?????

I thought since some of you were so "computer savvy" about social media and other things I thought maybe someone could tell me how anyone could upload a childhood picture that my mother claims was never given out to anyone. And for the most part I am glad I posted this I got some good advice from some people here. FYI It was only suppose to be one thread not two. Mistake on my part.

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Starlight1 said:
On 5/28/2014 Chi-town girl said: 2 posts? What does this have to do with QVC, electronics and shopping?????

I thought since some of you were so "computer savvy" about social media and other things I thought maybe someone could tell me how anyone could upload a childhood picture that my mother claims was never given out to anyone. And for the most part I am glad I posted this I got some good advice from some people here. FYI It was only suppose to be one thread not two. Mistake on my part.

You are exposing yourself further-the opposite of what you should be doing if you are concerned about security.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Chi-town girl said:

You are exposing yourself further-the opposite of what you should be doing if you are concerned about security.

You are right about that! I am tired of defending myself to some immature, and unintelligent people here. Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

If the student is the only one who had/saw/took that photo on the ferry, how did it, along with your childhood photo, get sent to you? That is the eeeerie question! Impossible, it seems.........Unless the student became friends with dad many years ago and the student ran across the photos, and sent them to you.............????

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Hmmmm... very creepy indeed. I replied to this post last night - saw it posted as well as a couple after mine, all of which are GONE from this thread today. What I asked was what about the person from your past that you mentioned might do something like this .... you indicated you tried looking up that person and got as far as Greenville, SC but no address. Wouldn't this be your best bet .... someone from your past who would likely do something like this, a Greenville, SC connection ..... ??? BTW, is this the only thread you have going about this or is there another one?

Super Contributor

there were addresses posted on the thread. specific street address. )-: a violation of people's privacy. in my opinion that of course is. i myself wouldn't wish my address posted on a thread like this one. my tendency is to think that's why webbie poofed them.

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

Good evening all! Well did some more searching and found that I have no one looking for me. I did not upload any pictures on my own .. And I took my listing off the white pages and other ""find people"" websites. I hope this is the last time I get any mail like this [?} The double thread was my mistake And it is very easy to take yourself of these sites just go to the site and right click ""settings"" and it will ask is this you? and just say no and delete.

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 ROMARY said:

If the student is the only one who had/saw/took that photo on the ferry, how did it, along with your childhood photo, get sent to you? That is the eeeerie question! Impossible, it seems.........Unless the student became friends with dad many years ago and the student ran across the photos, and sent them to you.............????

None of my friends were friends of my parents.. and none of my relatives or friends would do this to me I called and E-mailed all of them I could find. The fellow student was just a fellow student not a friend of mine and he was taking pictures of all who were sitting on the ferry that day who were casual friends. I did not know him outside of school.

Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Chi-town girl said:

Brooklyn and bay ridge are big place... not concerned about that and most people here post where they live.