Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help with choosing new iPad for me, and also easy tablet for mom?

@amyb

Amazon has the 10.2 "latest" 128 GB iPad for $399. This was 7:45 AM Monday morning.

This is a great produci and an excellent price. 

Amazon is an authorized Apple re--seller. The price of this iPad is $30 less than the Apple website. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as Ipads go I only had the Ipad3 and I hated it. I am a Android girl. For your mom I would say a fire tablet would be a easy first tablet  for her. happy shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

As far as Ipads go I only had the Ipad3 and I hated it. I am a Android girl. For your mom I would say a fire tablet would be a easy first tablet  for her. happy shopping.

@apple1964 
The OP can not face time on a Fire Tablet. This is an Apple thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964 
The OP can not face time on a Fire Tablet. This is an Apple thing. 

Okay whatever.

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

You're right!  Android and Chromebook are so much easier than Apple to set up and just to get used to.   I think a Chromebook would be best,    

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Hello~ to any of you geeks, or electronically saavy peeps...a two-fold question..

I'm in the market for a new iPad, currently I own an 8 y.o. iPad 2, doesn't even support latest software update, and has become impossible to use on many platforms, other than basics.  I recently did a Google search and got overwhelmed by the different ones offered now as usually I'd just go to the store (closed now indefinitely) and have them help me...I just want a good updated one, that I can use also like a laptop with bluetooth keyboard like I used to with mine (until that conked out and iPad is too old to get a good new one.)

I saw iPad Air, iPad and another, don't know the difference?? I used to think there only was MacAir which was Apple's laptop? I just want a good new iPad....any advice, details, your experience??  

Also, with assisted living facilities on lockdown...can't visit my 91 y.o. ailing mom Smiley Sad((, I can only FT when I randomly catch an aide or nurse who uses their iPhone to FT with me and her.  I am either going to give her my older iPad if I can get a new one soon.  OR I had heard someone on the radio in same situation say they just got their dad in assisted living an "Amazon Show"...which are very reasonable, you apparently have to Skype with, but may be easy for her to use.  Any feedback on that, anyone who owns one who can sum up what they do and if this would work for this need??

ANY info is appreciated, as I will also still try to sift through online info...I am better when just going to a store, which I can't do right now...and when buying my iPad I really want to make sure I get the right thing for myself.  Tks in advance!

I had a couple of iPads and didn't use them.  Why?  Because I don't like the mobile websites.  When I needed a new device, I bought a 13" Macbook Pro and love it.  It's so light, full featured, no mobile websites and a larger screen.