Esteemed Contributor

Help transfering between devises of tracfone

[ Edited ]

I am frustrated trying to transfer old phone info to new phone.  I activated my phone, using smart switch and it won't transfer.  my old phone is a samsung A13 galaxy and the new phone is  Samsung Galaxy A13  5g. 

Can anyone give me some advise or help.  Thank you

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help transfering between devises of tracfone

I just did this yesterday. I transferred to Mint Mobile. I no longer have a landline, so I decided to switch from Tracfone since I will be using my cell phone more. I kept my same number and when I put in the Mint SIM card, I kept getting a message that the phone was locked. So, I did the Tracfone chat and was able to get a person who sent me the process and codes to unlock the phone.  Now, I am getting several messages that my phone number has changed, which it hasn't, and I have to go and re-enter it again in several accounts. 

When I was just transferring from one Tracfone to another, I used the Transfer Wizard and it worked well. If you are still using Tracfone, then their support line shold help.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Took me 3 hrs. Everything transferred successfully.  I am 87, and fooled around enough to get it done.  I called tracfone and no help at all. Could not understand the person on the other end.  Hung up and just started clicking away and finally figured it out.  

Now to figure how to work the different stuff on the phone, so different than my old one.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Took me 3 hrs. Everything transferred successfully.  I am 87, and fooled around enough to get it done.  I called tracfone and no help at all. Could not understand the person on the other end.  Hung up and just started clicking away and finally figured it out.  

Now to figure how to work the different stuff on the phone, so different than my old one.  

Hi, You should be able to find a YouTube video on the features of your phone. 

Honored Contributor

With an Android phone, if you've got a Google account you can simply log into Google on the new phone, and pretty much everything moves over with minimal input on your part. It can take a few hours for it all to get done, but it generally works pretty well. It's what I've done the last few times with no hiccups.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I last activated a TracFone about 2 years ago, a Samsung to Moto.  It took seconds and I believe I only clicked one thing.  Google took over and did everything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Smart Switch with a USB-C cable to transfer data to a new phone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg 

@Nuttmeg wrote:

That's what I was doing, but it didn't transfer everything.  I finally figured it out after a few frustrating hours. Everything working fine now.  My eyesight not that great to read all the fine print, but with a magnifing glass and more patience, I did it.  My son not tech wise, so couldn't ask him and non of the friends still alive, have cell phones or have old ones.  All is well now. I don't give up when I have a problem, but figured someone on here might be able to help.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Nuttmeg 

@Nuttmeg wrote:

That's what I was doing, but it didn't transfer everything.  I finally figured it out after a few frustrating hours. Everything working fine now.  My eyesight not that great to read all the fine print, but with a magnifing glass and more patience, I did it.  My son not tech wise, so couldn't ask him and non of the friends still alive, have cell phones or have old ones.  All is well now. I don't give up when I have a problem, but figured someone on here might be able to help.  

I admire you stick to it ness. Enjoy your phone.