Regular Contributor

Help switching from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 10

I have a desktop with a 20" screen which I need because of vision problems. So the new Windows 10 will have to be a desktop. How will I be able to get my contact name & address e-mail list to the new computer? I don't have much else to transfer over.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help switching from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@purrmom wrote:
I have a desktop with a 20" screen which I need because of vision problems. So the new Windows 10 will have to be a desktop. How will I be able to get my contact name & address e-mail list to the new computer? I don't have much else to transfer over.

Did you buy a computer? or are you deciding? I can not help until I know what program you are using to write email etc.

Regular Contributor

I haven't bought a new computer yet. Mt e-mail provider is Century Link in Missouru who is also my phone & internet provider.
Honored Contributor

Your email really isn't ON the computer.    Just type the name of the provider into the "search", and you can import it.    Same as if you were accessing it from a hotel room, conference, a friend's house, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@purrmom wrote:
I haven't bought a new computer yet. Mt e-mail provider is Century Link in Missouru who is also my phone & internet provider.

I generally buy a Dell XPS series desktop, and an Ultrasharp display. The current model is the 8900. You will be happy with a basic model from this line, which has a i5-6400 processor. I use a U2413 display. I like this monitor, because it has the most video connectors. The display is bright and makes viewing easy for my older eyes. 

You can save some money on a computer by using rewards, coupons, and member purchase program.

I usually buy the tower one day,and the monitor as a separate purchase another day. Dell will send your rewards saving in an email. You can use it to save on your monitor.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! That program is still out there. I remember changing over from that program to another I think in the middle 90's. That is a blast from the past. I liked windows vista when I had that back in the day.

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

WOW! That program is still out there. I remember changing over from that program to another I think in the middle 90's. That is a blast from the past. I liked windows vista when I had that back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_editions

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_editions

Thanks for the link... I hardly hear anything about Vista it is always about windows7 and 8. I realy liked the Vista program I was sorry when they phased it out.