Honored Contributor

Re: Help please- need new IPad and undecided.

@Poopie wrote:

This is what I have done, I too, had the IPad Air2, with only 32 GB....I now purchased the latest one IPad Pro 64 GB, 10,5 screen....I Love ❤️ It!  The quality of the pictures & videos are far superior, it is like HD compared to the Air2.  It is more expensive, but well worth it.  I also have the Apple laptop, that I seldom use, along with a iPhone 7...All Apple, makes life so much easier & all compatible! 

I purchased mine at Best Buy, for $99.00 a year, Geek Squad will set them up & transfer everything from the old ones.  They will recycle & clean out your old ones too.  You can put up to 3 devices on one plan!  Works out perfect, as I need help with some problems, as I don’t have anyone close by that can help me.  They are the ones who told me that 64 GB would be plenty for me, for what I use it for.  They will be more than happy to assist you too!  I hope this helps you out to make a decision.....you won’t be sorry!  Get the Pro!  

$99?   once you log into to your apple ID everything is transferred over.   BB making money on that   and on top of the cost of the iPad,  

I think they are capitalizing on people who are unaware of how easy this is,   and I don;t like that 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

EI just bought a newiPad 32GB. It is pretty much the same as last years model, except that it will allow you to use the I pen. It also has fingertip recognition, which is easy to set up and kinda nice. You can still unlock with a code. A couple new features I have found so far (I am still learning), is that you can split the screen from the menu bar, and it has SIRI. Oh, there is a reminder/calendar home page too. And you can store some apps in the cloud, so the iPad only stores the data, which saves memory. It has a few new apps, like a spreadsheet and music creation and a presentation software, none of which I use.

I replaced my 7 year old iPad 3rd gen, mainly because it was so S L O W. And the IOS couldn’t be updated any more, which made me leery about malware, etc. One thing you should be aware of is that if you have any older games, they may not be updated for the 64bit IPad, so you can’t transfer them. A lot of the developers just didn’t update for the new iPad. Most of my hidden object games did not transfer. Moving my info to the new iPad was so easy. Just google it and use iTunes. Took 5 to 10 minutes.

I use my iPad a lot, but just for email, games, news, weather, music, that kind of stuff. Nothing professional like Word processing or Excel. The Pro is pricey for a tablet, but it would be nice for portable professional use. Lot of power. You can go to Apple online and compare the features.

You can get 128GB on the regular iPad, if that’s what you need. You will be amazed at the difference In speed between your old iPad and the new. The processor is so much better.

Okay, that’s all I got for today. I am still learning the new features. BTW, it has tutorials and there is an online class from Apple. I didn’t have any problem transitioning. I am happy with my purchase. Oh, and Amazon has some really nice cases for it too. 

hope this helps,

Dragonfly

edited to add

I have a PC that I use for photos, letters, spreadsheets, professional work, etc. I need the large monitor to see what I’m doing! 

Respected Contributor

I have iPad Pro and I ❤️ it. It was $495, or so. I bought xtra customer support, unneeded, a clamshell cover,

useful, but cheaper on Am—-zon.

No longer have a desktop or laptop- no need. Only thing lacking for me is inability to create documents. 

No worries really re viruses for the most part- a real pleasure. Worth every cent.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee@IMW@dragonflyveb@jackthebear@Poopie

DH and I purchased this iPad Pro in September 2017.

it is SO HEAVY. DGDs dropped it on her face and got a nosebleed. The cover pops off too easily when the DGCs use it.

So, I wish I had gotten a more stabile cover.

I have the max gbs ... and even though it is heavy, the viewing is worth it!

my first iPad, the air, was a very good piece of equipment— we gave it to the DGCs and the littlest one FACETIMED us last night (he is turning 3) unbeknownst to his parents!

What a thrill that was. He was cheerful and rather took it in stride. I would not have let the iPad air go, except it would not update beyond IOS10.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear: Thank you very helpful information. Called PX and the latest IPad good price plus no sales tax. I depend on friends for transportation and one went with me to Best Buy and everyone very helpful. The Apple rep said that 32 GB was what needed with with the newest tech. The Ipad Pro was heavy and more than what I needed. So decided on the 9.7 Ipad. They called the PX for the price match. Ipad case on sale and not the Apple cover. Purchased longer charging cord. Previously checked multiple places for trade in value and all were $50. I decided on the 128 GB . Best Buy trade in value was $55. Apple rep said could do better with pawn shop but due to transportation  issues decided on Best Buy offer. Friend was impressed with deal and said to take it . They transferred info from old ipad to new . Something strange happened. Returned home and could not sign in to yahoo mail account and all info connected to samsung tablet and not ipad- tried all the suggested options . Waiting to call yahoo for help. Still need to purchase the Apple care. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@dragonflyveb: Thank you- great information and enjoy your new Ipad. I am excited and looking forward to learning more and get going.  SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@IMW: Thank you. Great price and enjoy. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@LTT1: Wow! Please send the 3 year old to me for my tech support. I had every one in Best Buy laughing because I told them that i will be 64 in July and purchasing my birthday gift and wanted the Best price possible but really have playful spirit of a 6 year old. SouthenBee

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Getting the 128 gb was a great choice. You will have plenty of storage for a long time and won’t have to decide what to remove and what to keep. Enjoy your new iPad!

Honored Contributor

My original ipad ( the first generation model that came out in 2010 still runs, although the operating system is very out of date so I can't run the newest apps. My point is that no ipad should ever last just 2 years. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval