Honored Contributor

Have you seen any of these in your neighborhood?

[ Edited ]

I have. They have placed a few around my neighborhood. They are part of the new 5G network and these pole-mounted devices are going to deliver the 5G signal locally from a main bigger tower located somewhere else. From what I gather the 5G network will make some devices obsolete, for example, some wi-fi routers, where you will be able to use your smart phone as a hot spot instead of a router. We are not quite there yet, but get ready for it...it's coming whether you like it or not. I hope they don't put one up close to my house. Smiley Indifferent

181002-smallcell-630x354.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you seen any of these in your neighborhood?

@SilleeMee So glad I re-read your post.  At first I thought it read, SG network.  Thought Susan was going to have her own TV network.

Honored Contributor

We're the backward state.  We'll probably get them in about 50 years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've heard those things put out quite a bit of electromagnetic radiation. I don't like what I've read about it either. It all sounds scary to me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen any yet.  All of our utilities are underground.  Something like that would be an eyesore. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I haven't seen any yet.  All of our utilities are underground.  Something like that would be an eyesore. 

I agree hope I never see one in my neighborhood.

Honored Contributor

I hope they don’t make to my neighborhood.  My feeling is that they warrant a good bit more research.  The EPA is a bit depleted at this time, they are one of the groups I would like to

hear from.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've heard those things put out quite a bit of electromagnetic radiation. I don't like what I've read about it either. It all sounds scary to me.

@SilleeMee   They sound very scary to me too!  If you read about the dangers of 5G you'll see that it's really bad for human health.  I get the impression that we're all going to be a big human experiment.  The radiation is much more intense than 4G and people may possibly suffer.  However if you go directly to the telecommunications companies to read about it, it all sounds wonderful!

We happen to have a street light in front of our house and DH is afriad that one of the 5G cells will be mounted on it...if that happens he wants to move...I want to cry!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I'm not sure but I think those 5G things cannot be put underground because they put out 'waves' into the air and that's how it works.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie   All of the utilities are underground in my community too.  However we have a big 4G cell tower outside of our development on municipal property.  The 5G cells will not quite replace 4Gs right away but will take over from them...the powers that be don't care about your neighborhood aesthetics nor the health of people.