Esteemed Contributor

Have any of you actually transferred Tracfone

minutes from new phone to your existing Tracfone?  One post says you can and one post says you cannot.  I like the phone I have but would like those minutes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Have any of you actually transferred Tracfone

I just did it yesterday.  My DH dropped his Tracfone and the screen broke.  I have done it many, many times, and I have to tell you it is really easy now.

you just go to the Tracfone website and go to “Activate”. You type in the number supplied  to you on a red card and answer a few questions about keeping your phone number, etc  and text the word “ Four” to 611611 on the old phone and you will get a code.  You type the code on the website and hit the next button.

it took less than 5 minutes.  All of the minutes on the older phone transferred right over with no issues.

you can niw transfer minutes from a new phone to an older one.  You just activate the new phone and transfer the old minutes to it as mentioned above Then transfer all of the minutes...the old minutes and the new minutes back to the old phone. You will need the red card from your old phone to do this..hopefully, you still have it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I thought I understood it worked that way.  I really don't care for the other phone as much as the one I have.

My phone is a phone, not a toy!

Esteemed Contributor

That's FASCINATING !!! @Carmie
Honored Contributor

Yes I've done it, it was "automatic" when I activated the new phone

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedgewrote:
That's FASCINATING !!! @Carmie

What is really fascinating is that people "....."..........deleted by a request from Hedge)

Just another way for a thief to roll.  

One of these days, we won’t be allowed to do this, but for now, we can.

Esteemed Contributor

I copied your first post with the How-to instructions @Carmie. I want to keep that for the future.

But your 2nd post, wow! I never would've thought of people doing that. Just WOW.
I wondered, would you consider deleating that? Am I being paranoid? Lol!
I'm both amused and horrified someone might read that and think its a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are referring to my posts, be assured that I heard it explained by the Tracfone Rep on QVC.  She suggested donating the new phone to a woman's shelter.  I would never have thought you could do that when 1,500 mins are $125 on the Tracfone site.  

QVC and HSN has a LG Rebel and 1500 minutes for $59.95.  Why would Tracfone care where the minutes go.  They are getting their asking price for the service.  

Honored Contributor

@Zhills.  Oh no,  we were not discussing you.  You aren’t doing anything wrong.  I know how to add minutes to an old phone from a new one because I have done it myself.

i don’t use my phone often and don’t like to have to type in all those contact numbers again, so,I kept my older phone.

I just use the new phone hooked up to WiFi to get on the web when I travel. My grandkids have used it too.

i just mentioned a way that thieves can take minutes and not pay for them and Hedge suggested I not give anyone ideas..so I removed my comments.

Sorry that I gave you the wrong impression.  I didn’t mean to.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  I know there are alternative methods for calling.  I don't use mine that much and I don't play on it.  Have a great day!