Valued Contributor

Has anyone heard of Nextgen Streamz?

A relative of mine just informed me of this service to stream with, and I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of it. Can't find out too much about it in the way of reviews, but from the little I did come across, it sounds like it might be a good alternative to cable. Would love to hear opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard of Nextgen Streamz?

[ Edited ]

I did a Google search and found very little information about this service. They have a YouTube page with 11 subscribers. This company does have a Facebook presence.

I would not subscribe to this channel. 

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

A relative of mine just informed me of this service to stream with, and I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of it. Can't find out too much about it in the way of reviews, but from the little I did come across, it sounds like it might be a good alternative to cable. Would love to hear opinions.

With so many legit and long term streaming services available, why would you consider one you can't find any information? 

Valued Contributor

@glb613 and @Nuttmeg --I was checking it out because my cousin told me about it. Had never heard of it beforehand. He doesn't have it himself but his brother is planning to try it out. When he told me that it was being offered at a really great price and with a huge channel selection, I thought I'd investigate it. But as both of you have pointed out, the lack of info and reviews about it is concerning. Consequently, I won't be trying it at this time. I'll stick to my Prime and Hulu for now.

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

@glb613 and @Nuttmeg --I was checking it out because my cousin told me about it. Had never heard of it beforehand. He doesn't have it himself but his brother is planning to try it out. When he told me that it was being offered at a really great price and with a huge channel selection, I thought I'd investigate it. But as both of you have pointed out, the lack of info and reviews about it is concerning. Consequently, I won't be trying it at this time. I'll stick to my Prime and Hulu for now.

You need to know any streaming company is going to require a credit card even for a 30 day trial.  I wouldn't give my credit card number to a company I didn't know or couldn't find any information.  Cheaper isn't always cheap.