Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone been required to sign in lotsandlotsandlotsandlots

Never give them your password. They don't need it.

I was on the phone with one of them when I was having account issues. The person I was speaking to on the phone told me to enter my password and tell him when I was done.

Super Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Sooner said:
On 7/25/2014 Classique said:

Yes and I've had to call customer service as I kept getting messages re. entering wrong password and account was inactivated. Customer service then asked for my password which I was suspicious of but had no choice but to give it to them; they state they don't keep it but just need it to reactivate an account.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! NEVER Give your password to anyone. IT does NOT need it. If one of them tells you they do, ask to speak to a supervisor. Been in the business a long time, and they NO NOT need it if they are legit. User name, ok. Password, nope!

There was a similar thread not long ago and I followed the advice to call and speak with a supervisor about this request. The supervisor confirmed what the customer service agent told me! Now, I am really suspicious!!!

I have been checking my account a lot lately as I've ordered some things and also had to return most of them. So far, it looks ok but I will pay extra close attention to the credit card statement I use and check it even more carefully than I usually do.

A couple of years ago, I had huge charges show up on a card for gas purchases made in stations I've never ever been to and about twenty miles from where I live. Then soon after, someone tried to purchase a computer from a big box store and that thief was from out-of-state from what I can remember the cc co. fraud investigator telling me.

I detest liars and thieves and will report anything or anyone and press charges as indicated!

Super Contributor

This is why I was suspicious of online shopping and did not do it for a long time. All it takes is one or two crooked employees......one rotten apple to spoil the barrel.

I do hope the credit card companies follow through and investigate and charge anyone they find guilty of theft.

Honored Contributor

Nope

Honored Contributor

I typically have to sign in once for the forums and once for the ordering side. Annoying, but doable. I am, however, weary of their over-sentivitiy with the passwords. There have been a couple of times when I made a typo out of just being careless and my account got suspended. There was even a time when I merely went to log in and again, account suspended. However, each time I called C/S and they were able to reinstate my account without me giving them my password. Their system needs to be a tad less sensitive, I think.

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 luvingit said: All the time

Constantly! Leave the Forum to check out something someone says to take a look at...Gotta sign back in yet again to post a reply. It is a royal pain!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

Yes ! We all do, Customer Service is aware

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I thought it was me. On the third try or so I give up and come back later.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

no

Regular Contributor

No, I've been OK.