Honored Contributor

Re: HSN purchase of the Shark WandVac.....

I've used 3 different Shark vacuums, but never bought one, and wouldn't.   I don't find Shark vacuums to be very user-friendly.

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:

This item lasted 6 wks if even....I still owe 2 payments. Shark told me I have a Bad Battery and I can mail item in at my expense and pay $49.95 for a new battery! What a waste of $118. Be very careful what you order. Had I bought this at Target, they would have exchanged it or gave me my money back.

@KayinMN 

I also think you need to lean a little harder on HSN.  If you get a CS rep that isn't helpful, ask to speak to their Supervisor. 

Not even done with the easy pays and it dies?  Uh uh ... they have to make this right for you, their customer, and take it up with Shark later.

Super Contributor

Yes even with the 2 yr warranty, I still have to pay the $49.95! HSN refused to do anything and I did file a bank issue and they just took out another payment this week!! I just won't do business with them anymore.

Super Contributor

They just reiterated they have a 30 day return policy!! So beware of ordering ANY electronics!! I'm out $118 and I believe they buy 2nd hand items to resell.....I'm going to go after them in every possible way starting with the FL BBB and Attorney Generals Consumer agency. They would rather lose a long time customer than back their merchandise.....BEWARE!

Super Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:

Yes even with the 2 yr warranty, I still have to pay the $49.95! HSN refused to do anything and I did file a bank issue and they just took out another payment this week!! I just won't do business with them anymore.

HSN is a retailer and has a stated return policy.  If you don't return an item during that period of time, they have no obligation to return your money.  Your problem is a defective item and you need to deal the Shark.  While it would be good customer service to let you return the item, HSN doesn't have to and apparently won't.  You also have the option to leave a bad review both of HSN and Shark. 

I read these types of complaints here frequently.  The best thing you can do is to stop doing business with the company.  I not longer shop at several companies because of politics and policies which I don't agree.  While my boycott won't bankrupt or finacially hurt the company, I refuse to do business with companies who decide to get political. 

I have several Shark products and haven't had any problems.  If I did and the product was still under warranty, I would expect the maker to honor it.  Did you register your product?  Do you still have the receipt? 

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:

@KayinMN 

Did you file a claim with Shark?

Respected Contributor

6 weeks = 42 days.  No limited time warranty?  Check the paperwork that came with the machine.  Did you try to get some resolution from HSN before you contacted Shark? 

You could try to complain to your state or local Consumer Protection Agency.  They might be able to mediate a settlement.

Unfortunately, you have to make the 2 payments.  If you don't, you can get into all kinds of financial trouble.

Respected Contributor

@KayinMNHave you read the warranty?  What does it cover?  Does it really say that you have to pay anything for repair/replacement during the warranty period?.  I'll reiterate.  You might want to file a complaint with your state's Consumer Protection Agency.  They may be able to mediate a settlement.