Super Contributor

HSN purchase of the Shark WandVac.....

This item lasted 6 wks if even....I still owe 2 payments. Shark told me I have a Bad Battery and I can mail item in at my expense and pay $49.95 for a new battery! What a waste of $118. Be very careful what you order. Had I bought this at Target, they would have exchanged it or gave me my money back.

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN purchase of the Shark WandVac.....

Outrageous.  Sorry. 

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN    If HSN had our Moderators, I bet you'd get your money back.  A reason to buy from QVC.  It's just not right that a relatively expensive product should only last for a few uses over a short time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

QVC owns HSN......

Respected Contributor

I would contact HSN on their chat feature. I couldn't hurt to ask if they can assist you with a return or exchange past the 30 days since it's a defective product. 

If that doesn't work I would contact Shark very publicly on a Facebook page and ask about it.

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:

QVC owns HSN......

@KayinMN    No, QVC doesn't own HSN.  They're both owned by the Qurate Retail Group.  They each have a CEO and operate independently. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Honored Contributor

@KayinMN wrote:

This item lasted 6 wks if even....I still owe 2 payments. Shark told me I have a Bad Battery and I can mail item in at my expense and pay $49.95 for a new battery! What a waste of $118. Be very careful what you order. Had I bought this at Target, they would have exchanged it or gave me my money back.

@KayinMN wrote:

can file a charge with your credit card company or blast on social media that gets attention

Honored Contributor

That doesn't sound right - the warranty on that item should be two years.  I'd also contact HSN about it.  According to the Shark website, you should be able to return the defective battery to them at no charge.

Also, many states have different consumer protection laws, so it would be worth looking into, if you get nowhere with Shark and/or HSN.

There's no way you should be out of pocket for anything that's only six weeks old and that you're still paying for.

Honored Contributor

Your vac should still be under warranty and so should the battery. Search this to see how to file a claim with Shark regarding the 2-year battery warranty:

Shark Two (2) Year Limited Battery Warranty

@KayinMN