Trusted Contributor

HSN TS - Apple 9.7" iPAD Tablet - Any Reviews?

Any Apple fans out there... wondering if this is a good deal or not.

I passed on the Amazon tablet since many of you said Apple iPad is so much better.   It looks like it's loaded with a lot plus the keyboard & case & bluetooth headphones.

Super Contributor

Re: HSN TS - Apple 9.7" iPAD Tablet - Any Reviews?

It really depends. Right now you can get a128g for $379.99 at Amazon and Walmart. You do get 2 years of tech support from HSN, AppleCare is $49.00 for two years of support. You can get reasonably priced keyboards and/or cases from many stores. This makes it easy and you can use FlexPay. It depends on what’s important to you. You do only have a 14 day return policy with all other places (and that usually includes the date it was purchased).  The 128g is usually $429.99 at brick stores. Whatever you decide, you should be happy with your purchase. I love my iPads (I have 2). 

Super Contributor

It appears that that the prices are constantly changing on Amazon and Walmart. I just checked Amazon and the 128g was $399.99. Sorry about that. 

Trusted Contributor

No worries.   They got you coming and going.   I am not computer/tech savvy. Do you need anti-virus with Apple?  

Is it hard to get it to work... since I own no other Apple products?

Thanks.

Super Contributor

@Black Cat Back, I don’t have any virus protection on my iPad. I don’t use public WiFi ever. I spent more money and got an iPad that is both WiFi and uses cellular data if I choose. I do have it on my Mac Mini desktop. I think that it’s much easier to use. I’ve had Samsung tablets, Amazon Fire, and iPads. I think that iPads are the easiest to use. If you live by an Apple store, you can go there and take classes, have questions answered. I use the Note app and write down questions to ask when I go. Tech support is very helpful by phone, too. Even watching the presentations on QVC, HSN, and Evine are helpful. I’ve learned quite a few things. I also think that Apple products keep their value better than other competitors. 

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

Any Apple fans out there... wondering if this is a good deal or not.

I passed on the Amazon tablet since many of you said Apple iPad is so much better.   It looks like it's loaded with a lot plus the keyboard & case & bluetooth headphones.

look at the Apple site and compare,  the shopping channels throw in cheap accessories to allow them to sell the iPads at higher prices.  

you don't really need anything other than a case and those are cheap and readily available 

why pay $100+ more 

Honored Contributor

309 at apple for 32G wifi 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

No worries.   They got you coming and going.   I am not computer/tech savvy. Do you need anti-virus with Apple?  

Is it hard to get it to work... since I own no other Apple products?

Thanks.

ipad super easy, 

I don't have an anti-virus on mine.

it's very intuitive you will love it