New Contributor

Re: HP laptop shipping from China

[ Edited ]

I thought I did my research and found that the specs on the TSV HP indicated it was a good value compared to other retail options.  But, this delay is significantly impacting the positive aspects of the value.  Disappointing.

Regular Contributor

• I received my laptop last week. I set it up a few days ago. I spent $100 extra for software. I assumed I was using a computer with pre-installed virus and privacy software, like the last HP I bought from QVC. Now my personal  information is at risk.

I realized the next day that the software I ordered was not installed, nor was it in the box. Day three, yesterday morning, I attempted to turn on the HP TSV laptop and was  totally dead. The bottom of the laptop was very warm. I made sure the outlet it was plugged into was live and sending else trinity to the laptop. Yes. I took out the battery, which wasn't warm, and replaced it. The laptop was still dead. I will return the TSV laptop, of course, but I can't remove my personal information off of it before I do because it won't turn on!

New Contributor

Re: HP laptop shipping from China STILL NO SOFWARE

It has now been a month since I ordered my HP laptop and I still do not have the software to run the laptop and transfer my information over from my existing laptop onto my new HP even though I purchased it on October 6. Calls to QVC have been frustrating to say the least. I've heard the excuse that the company that  was making the software bundle was recently acquired and as a result they could not perform the vendor contract in a timely manner. I have called at least five or six times so far. I'm extremely frustrated with QVC. Vendor problems are QVC's  problems, not ours! QVC needs to make it right with the customers by securing the software from a different vendor if necessary, even if that means QVC has to pay more for the software package that they sold.   I really think this is symptomatic of a greater and more problematic issue and that is selling goods that they do not have...not telling the customers that they are "advanced order goods".  As a cautionary note to QVC, this could be the beginning of the end for you. Shipping has also become more of a problem for QVC.   Don't get too greedy! Customers like me who have been shopping with you for decades do have our limits. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: HP laptop shipping from China STILL NO SOFWARE

I too have had the same delay issues. I now have the laptop, but no software. I've followed up each week and today was told the package that came with the tsv has been discontinued, they offered me another package, but nothing worth accepting. Terrible way to do business, the laptop is going back! Will be a good as is for someone, I've never turn the darn thing on! 

I got this laptop for my daughter as a gift for going back to college. Same problem getting the software package! Still haven't received it. Almost Thanksgiving and ordered Oct 16th.Smiley Frustrated

New Contributor

Isn't it strange the software being shipped separately wasn't mentioned at all? I ordered this laptop for my husband (for Christmas), it's in customs in Chongqing China, yet supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow! Now I have to wonder if the software package will get here by Christmas. If it doesn't, this is being returned to QVC and we'll go to Best Buy to get something we won't have to wait for. Shame on QVC for improper representation, making us think the everything is good to go upon powering-up this laptop, right out of the box.

Frequent Contributor

@OmaDill wrote:

Isn't it strange the software being shipped separately wasn't mentioned at all? I ordered this laptop for my husband (for Christmas), it's in customs in Chongqing China, yet supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow! Now I have to wonder if the software package will get here by Christmas. If it doesn't, this is being returned to QVC and we'll go to Best Buy to get something we won't have to wait for. Shame on QVC for improper representation, making us think the everything is good to go upon powering-up this laptop, right out of the box.

I agree! I just posted about this in another thread. I didnt even have a clue that QVC would ship it direct from CHINA! I am very upset about this because it was never mentioned at all during the presentations or even on the item page. I also had no idea that the shipments would be split up (Software package VS the actual Laptop). When I received my shipping notice from QVC I thought that it was for the Laptop. I just found out yesterday that it was actually for the Software Package. The software package is being delivered today and I dont even have the Laptop. The Laptop is still in China! I am very frustrated about this whole ordeal. QVC (or any other online retailer) has never shipped any of my orders direct to me from CHINA! They have always come from PA or NC here in the USA.

Highlighted

I totally agree with all the post relating to the HP laptop. I am beyond frustrated and completely dissapointed! I called QVC five tmes this week alone to ask where is my order. Upon looking in my account I noticed this laptop is stuck in custumes which is being shipped from China. When I placed my order, the QVC customer service rep NEVER informed me this laptop is being shipped from overseas. I could have purchased a nicer laptop on black friday and still would have came out ahead. Then when you contact QVC to find out where and how long before you receive your product, no one knows. QVC this is BAD BUSINESS! But when you look into your account, they have already have taken the first payment out of your account! I still have not even received the software either! I think QVC should give everyone who ordered this laptop a $100.00 credit for the problems we have all encounterd. If this order is still in customs by the weekend, I will just simply cancel this order and buy a laptop locally where I dont have to worry about waiting to receive my product from China. And on top of that, the EDD is December 8th which isnt going to happen!

Frequent Contributor

@sachotbabe- I agree with you on this totally and the same thing has happened to me but good luck with cancelling the order! I also tried to do that the same day I received notice it was shipping from China! QVC said cancel in progress but they couldnt stop HP in China from shipping it. Like yours, mine is stuck somewhere in CHINA and it was supposed to be here today! I am beyond frustrated about this whole order.Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

I also ordered an HP Touch laptop from QVC and have not yet received the advertised software. First a letter arrived saying that there were insufficient quantities and I would not be receiving that software. The letter went on to say that they would send me alternate SW (different but same to better value). That has yet to arrive either. Called CS today and Lisa said it's at the post office and I will receive it December 14. I hope so because without that package, I don't have activitation numbers for virus SW or for tech support. I especially want to talk to a techie about how my laptop's battery runs completely down in between uses. I am shutting it down each time. I did not realize the battery would completely drain during a week of non-use.