HP laptop shipping from China

I ordered two HP laptops on 10/7 that had an EDD of 10/18, but never any tracking information. After 10/18 passed, I started a QVC chat and asked where they were and why there was no tracking information. All of a sudden, the tracking info was entered a few hours later and the laptops left Chongqing, China the next day, 10/19. It's now 4 days later, and my laptops have only traveled from one place in China to another place in China. It's taken them 4 days to travel 1,600 miles. Why is this taking so long??

Honored Contributor

Re: HP laptop shipping from China

[ Edited ]

@QVCshopper123 wrote:

I ordered two HP laptops on 10/7 that had an EDD of 10/18, but never any tracking information. After 10/18 passed, I started a QVC chat and asked where they were and why there was no tracking information. All of a sudden, the tracking info was entered a few hours later and the laptops left Chongqing, China the next day, 10/19. It's now 4 days later, and my laptops have only traveled from one place in China to another place in China. It's taken them 4 days to travel 1,600 miles. Why is this taking so long??

proverbial slow boat from China

hope you don't have to wait much longer,  Oct 7th is a long time to wait 

QVC Customer Care

@QVCshopper123 wrote:

Hi @QVCshopper123 Thank you for shopping and posting with us. I apologize that this order is taking longer that anticipated. I have sent you an email about it and that I am following up on this order.

~Kim

Occasional Contributor

I kind of have the same problem. My laptop is stuck in customs but I've spoken to Fedex and qvc and no one knows anything.
Occasional Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Another reason I would never order a computer from a shopping channel. Now they are going "global" that is a shame. Hope you order comes soon.. and that the computer has no problems and its what you wanted. Good luck! Woman Indifferent

New Contributor

I have the same frustration. It wouldn't have been a problem if QVC had indicated that shipping would be delayed to this degree. Now my frustration continues because I finally got the laptop yesterday. And I still don't have the software packet, including the software for transferring my files from my old laptop to my new HP.  Moreover, when I called customer service, they have no additional information on the software shipment except to say that shipping has been "delayed". Really? On a software bundle? It makes no sense to me whatsoever why shipping would be delayed on the software bundle. It's a totally different vendor then the computer. The only thing I can I assume, is that the Software bundle was actually not prepared for sale at the time it was sold on QVC. Bad business QVC. I love QVC but this is not acceptable. It's now been weeks since I ordered my laptop.    I use my laptop as my primary computer for my business. I could could have been up and running had I purchased a laptop from another vendor like Costco or Sam's Club.

Occasional Contributor

My laptop is still stuck in customs so I've been worried about that. I totally forgot about the software. Thanks For reminding me
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue of not receiving the software bundle.  I have received my laptop last Thursday (6 days ago) and not able to use as my primary computer as I am waiting for the laplink software to transfer.  I have emailed customer service 2x. I received a reply the 1st time to give them a few days for processing, few days passed and emailed again 1 day ago and no reply yet.  Also my original question of "if the software will be sent via a link or actual documents will be shipped" has gone unanswered 2x.  Very frustrating as my new laptop was a replacement as my old one is having cooling issues and diffiuclt to work on.

Respected Contributor

Chinese Golden rule: Never, ever order electronics from QVC. They are overpriced compare to almost all other retailers.