Valued Contributor

Re: HP i5 TSV Laptop - Don't order as a GIFT!

I hardly think that's a reason for not ordering from QVC if that's the computer you really want- just have it delivered to work or a trusted neighbor. You're just being silly if you pay return shipping just to end up going to a store --- why didn't you do that in the first place?

Frequent Contributor

Re: HP i5 TSV Laptop - Don't order as a GIFT!

@HizWife wrote:

If you want to surprise your special someone, in this case, my husband, do NOT pre-order anything HP from QVC and have it sent to your home. I did the pre-order of this laptop and, due to delivery being delayed by over a week, it came when he was home. It comes in an HP laptop box, just like you see on the shelves at electronic stores, plainly marked "HP Laptop."  He says, "Thanks for getting me a laptop for Christmas!." to which I replied, "I hate QVC."
My suggestion would be have any gift item delivered to a trustworthy neighbor or family member, because QVC / HP (in my experience) makes no effort to disguise what's in the package (it's typically printed on an outside label). We buy two gifts for each other and I'm truly disappointed that my husband knows what one of them is. I can't say if the laptop is good or bad right now. At this point? I'm ready to let him see me return it to QVC. Then I can go to Best Buy, buy another and disguise the box in a box in a box. 

Under every HP laptop description on QVC is this little disclaimer FYI8211644A-8FFB-4352-A791-F29786F7EC90.jpeg