Frequent Contributor

To all my tech savy friends, Would this laptop qualify for gaming?

Trusted Contributor

The vendor was playing a game on it during one of the presentations.  Some racing game with a car/motorcycle zooming through the streets. He was talking about playing games on it then quickly changing tasks at lightning speed.

Valued Contributor

I was checking this out for a week- there were no reviews until today and there were NO 5 stars-- mostly 3's---- most say it's too slow- I'm sure the tech"experts on the forum are going to say don't buy from QVC  because it's cheaper to buy direct- I have not found that to be true- and I'm sure they say that because they probably know how to actually buy components and build from scratch-----on the hp site-to "build" ( which should actually mean to chose the different components- not to "BUILD" it by buying the parts yourself--- this particular one would cost over $750+tax and I've compared before and never been able to get a lower price direct and no extra "support".( I could care less about all that "junk"software they include--- I finally checked later tonight- and the color I would have chosen was gone and as stated- the reviews were not especially good- I DO have to say I have not shopped much on the Q lately because of the huge changes from years past ie- have to pay to send something back- customer service- etc- not as good- not to mention the prices and even the selections of products- A lot of the older better companies are no longer on--not as many "selections" - seems like a lot of SHOES!

Honored Contributor

@vonIam wrote:

As is often the case, it depends on what you mean by gaming. Games like Solitaire, Sudoku, Scrabble, etc. will play fine on pretty much anything. If you're looking to play very advanced games at high frame rates with everything turned to max, then no. Your best bet is to look up the games you want to play and examine their minimum requirements and compare those to the computer's stated requirements. Aim a bit higher than the minimum stated requirements to be safe.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@vonIam wrote:

As is often the case, it depends on what you mean by gaming. Games like Solitaire, Sudoku, Scrabble, etc. will play fine on pretty much anything. If you're looking to play very advanced games at high frame rates with everything turned to max, then no. Your best bet is to look up the games you want to play and examine their minimum requirements and compare those to the computer's stated requirements. Aim a bit higher than the minimum stated requirements to be safe.

@vonIam As stated by @gardenman you should definitely read the specs required for the games you are interested in playing. Usually in computer speak when the term gaming is used it is referring to games such as Madden Football and those other high graphic games you see advertised on TV.  Those games require a computer with a lot of speed and power, otherwise the graphics are lousy and the speed and sound can be glitchy on slower unit.  Most people I know who are into gaming seek out the $1,000+ computers. They sometimes can find a good deal for less than that, but it probably isn't any of the models QVC or HSN they fetaure on air.  They usually showcase pretty decent pcs, but most of their offerings are more suited to web surfing, a few business applications, students, regular movie/TV viewing, storage of photos, music, videos, and documents, and running your social media programs.

Computer crashed in less than 1 week. No repairs and no replacement. So to answer your question no it is not good for gaming

Super Contributor

What do you mean by crashed

Esteemed Contributor

If you are talking about the CB from HP? Then no they cannot be used for heavy gaming. They do however have the playstore now which works on most games just fine. CB'S are updating all the time so who knows? I have been working with CB's since they came out both in the office and at home. I have this CB and we have three smaller ones from Asus. I love mine for many reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

@unhappyvic wrote:

Computer crashed in less than 1 week. No repairs and no replacement. So to answer your question no it is not good for gaming

I can not believe it can not be replaced or repaired? Did you have a warranty? You only had it for a week? Seems odd that nothing can be done. We play games on it all the time and no problems not heavy gaming but, as I stated in another post here. I have also have  had more then one application or download going at one time and no problems. I echo the other poster here what do you mean by crashed? Perhaps you had a virus or you have not removed or deleted old history searches?