HP Laptop TSV from March 15th and Office 365 problems

Hi,  I ordered the recent HP Laptop TSV in March, specifically the version with Office 365.  It finally just arrived this week after supposedly being built.  But Office 365 won't run the apps without the product key.  QVC says it's HPs fault cause it should have been pre-loaded at the factory.  HP says it's QVC's fault cause it was an "extra" and they should have provided the information.  Has anyone else had issues or has anyone else purchased the same product and it worked correctly?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP Laptop TSV from March 15th and Office 365 problems

I would say if they are both just finger pointing, you need to return it.

Once you have your own computer is easy to download.

Esteemed Contributor

@JennyRen wrote:

Hi,  I ordered the recent HP Laptop TSV in March, specifically the version with Office 365.  It finally just arrived this week after supposedly being built.  But Office 365 won't run the apps without the product key.  QVC says it's HPs fault cause it should have been pre-loaded at the factory.  HP says it's QVC's fault cause it was an "extra" and they should have provided the information.  Has anyone else had issues or has anyone else purchased the same product and it worked correctly?

@JennyRen

Please go to the customer care forum and (post) ask a Social team member to help you. 

Super Contributor

There should be a separate card or paper with the activation code on it, inside the box. I bought my PC a year ago, with Word already installed, but it wasn't activated. I'm not sure if I lost the code or it was never there, but I bought a code on Ebay for around $10.00, and it never expires!. It came by email, and worked perfect. Just an idea, if you don't want to return your new PC.

Respected Contributor

If you're stil within the return time, send the thing back and ask for a refund.  Why play their game?

Trusted Contributor

@JennyRen  I agree to just return it! We purchased an HP laptop from Q and it was the worst computer ever! And, I'm not kidding. Nothing but problems and was So slow. No matter what we tried to do, even with outside help, nothing worked. We will Never purchase another computer, even an Apple, from Q. 

F/N/A luvstogarden