Honored Contributor

I know a lot of you are knowledgable when it comes to computers (much more than I). HSN has a presale on a TS HP 14" AMD A4 Dual Core 64 GB eMMC Laptop with Office and Tech Support for $349.99 with free shipping. Just wanted some opinions on this, is it worthwhile?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I know a lot of you are knowledgable when it comes to computers (much more than I). HSN has a presale on a TS HP 14" AMD A4 Dual Core 64 GB eMMC Laptop with Office and Tech Support for $349.99 with free shipping. Just wanted some opinions on this, is it worthwhile?

@Jordan2  .. all I can say is that usually the home shopping networks sell outdated electronics (computers, etc) at outrageous prices with useless extras to try to justify the price.  If I were you I would shop around before purchasing from HSN.  

Honored Contributor

Depends on how you use it.

The processor is dual core, quad core would be better.  

I don't think the memory can be upgraded, the memory included may be enough for you, but it depends on how you use it.

The screen size seems more than adequate, but it's personal preference.   Some people like a big screen, I'm happy with my little Toshiba 13"

It looks like it doesn't have a disc drive.    I can watch DVDs on my laptop.    With no disc drive, any & all upgrades will have to be done as a download.    Do you have good internet access?

The price seems to be right for what you get.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I don't think the memory can be upgraded, the memory included may be enough for you, but it depends on how you use it.

The screen size seems more than adequate, but it's personal preference.   Some people like a big screen, I'm happy with my little Toshiba 13"

It looks like it doesn't have a disc drive.    I can watch DVDs on my laptop.    With no disc drive, any & all upgrades will have to be done as a download.    Do you have good internet access?

@software I have a Samsung Chromebook Pro which I have for two years in August ( very unhappy with it). I probably won't buy this, I just thought at the price point it was maybe worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@software wrote:

@software I have a Samsung Chromebook Pro which I have for two years in August ( very unhappy with it). I probably won't buy this, I just thought at the price point it was maybe worth it.

I've heard the Samsung Chromebook has many unhappy customers.

Makes me sad because I love Samsung.

If you are near good retail shopping, you can get something comparable or better if you catch a sale.

Esteemed Contributor

O/P do the research there are better buys out there. I would never buy  a computer or any other device from shopping channel they over charge you and the devices are older devices. On top of that read the threads and the posts about the shipment of these computer devices. What a nightmare. Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@software wrote:

If you are near good retail shopping, you can get something comparable or better if you catch a sale.

I had that chromebook and it sadly died within the first few months of having it. I am very happy with my new Lenovo Chrombook and would recomend it to anyone.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@software wrote:

I had that chromebook and it sadly died within the first few months of having it. I am very happy with my new Lenovo Chrombook and would recomend it to anyone.

@apple1964  are you talking about the fairly new Samsung Chrome Book Pro (I will have mine two years in Agust)? The screen on mine freezes, I have had it repaired three times for the same problem. What gets me is I paid over $500 for this chromebook, there were much cheaper ones I could have gotten. I am very disappointed in it, that's why I was thinking about this laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@software wrote:

@apple1964  are you talking about the fairly new Samsung Chrome Book Pro (I will have mine two years in Agust)? The screen on mine freezes, I have had it repaired three times for the same problem. What gets me is I paid over $500 for this chromebook, there were much cheaper ones I could have gotten. I am very disappointed in it, that's why I was thinking about . 

Yes, Mine  froze and it had other issues. I would not order any device from a shopping channel. For the reasons myself and others have posted. I have a lot of good luck lately from stores like best buy. I have ordered from the source but, paid much more. This one cost me 159 dolars and I love it [Lenovo 15 inch black  Chrombook].