Honored Contributor

Re: HOW DO I TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM PHONE TO PC?

@89135 wrote:

I agree with @SilleeMee ...send to your email and go from there

Yes, either that or just put them on a flash drive and store them there indefinitely. At least that way they won't be vulnerable to loss on a pc if the pc decides to die.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

You can send your phone pics to your email address and then transfer those pics from your email to your pc files.

Or you can buy one of these devices to store the photos from your phone and then transfer them to your pc from this device:

Picture Keeper Connect 64GB Smartphone Photo Saver and Storage Device - E233812

https://www.qvc.com/Picture-Keeper-Connect-64GB-Smartphone-Photo-Saver-and-Storage-Device.product.E2...

After you transfer your pics to your pc then be sure to backup your pc files just in case something happens to your pc where your files will be lost and gone forever, never to be recovered unless you have backed them up on another storage drive or cloud storage.

I got something similar from QVC when they sold them years ago, Datalogixx.  I can put all my photos on it and transfer them between phone and iPad if I want.  I don't like to upload any photos to the cloud.

Honored Contributor

I use an App called Airdroid.  You need to install it on both devices.  I don't think it has a batch capability, so you would need to do them individually, but that's how I transfer the ones I want to.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Datalogixx...that's the one I couldn't remember the name of. Thanks for posting about that one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

Here's another usb drive sold here on the Q. Reviews are much better.

https://www.qvc.com/ClickFree-Backup-256GB-Photo-%26-Video-Saver-for-PCs-%26-Smartphones.product.E24...

@SilleeMee 

@tends2dogs 

Yes, that's the brand I have. 

Regular Contributor

What are you using to back-up your phone? I'm an android user, so not sure about IPhones, but I save all my contacts and photos in Google. I can log into Google on any device and retrieve my photos.

Super Contributor

@89135 wrote:

I agree with @SilleeMee ...send to your email and go from there

Send 300 photos?  Connect the phone to the computer and transfer them that way.  Easy and you don't need any special software. 

Honored Contributor

If your old phone is an Android phone the easiest thing is to use the Google Photos app and it'll find the photos on your phone, upload them to the Google Photos cloud, then you can go to photos.google.com and select the photos you want on your PC and download them. It's easy-peasy. You don't have to buy anything and you'll have your photos. And a copy of them will be stored in Google's cloud should anything happen to them elsewhere.

Amazon's photo app works the same way. You might want to check the Google Photos app on your phone as chances are the photos are already there. It came preinstalled if your old phone is an Android phone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

@tends2dogs - I use a USB cable and plug one end into my Tracfone and the other end into my laptop.  After you plug in, you will probably see some messages on your laptop asking what you want it to do (since it will be recognizing your phone as a new device).  It's easy to select the pictures you want to transfer.  Make sure your Tracfone is unlocked so it is "active" when you plug it in to transfer or you will get an error message (since the laptop cannot talk to a locked phone).  And double check the folder you want to transfer your pictures to - I usually make a new folder (or several)  and name it whatever is appropriate.  And if you mess up (or think you messed up) you can just start over as you get smarter about the process.  Good luck!!  

To all that responded, a BIG thank you.  This is what I ended up doing.....using a USB cord from phone to PC...super easy.  I sweated a lot of unnecessary bullets over that LOL.  

@SilleeMee I have one of the OLD Clickfree's....maybe 10 or 15 years old?  I will back up my PC now that the pics are loaded.  The Clickfree has the wrong size "ends" to put in my phone.  

Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Again, a BIG thank you.  Now on to activating my new phone.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!