Super Contributor

I love my Tracfones, in that spirit I would like to share that my out of box two day experience with the $79.00 Motorola model... has been a horrible bad experience in every way. This phone is riddled with nuisance bugs and quirks, I deplore it and now my old tracfone is deactivated. Thanks QVC. I feel pretty certain at times that some items are in the category of "seconds".  You cant even answer this this thing when it rings, and that ring is another story. This piece of junk is coming back to you once I scrub all the info the sneaky thing gathered.

Honored Contributor

I hear you, I just returned a Tracfone Samsung model from the Q that was hard to use and when it locked up on me my techy son couldn't even help me out. My other phone was deactivated too, I lost 7 months worth of service and over 500 minutes that were still not transferred to the other phone. Tracfone tried to help me out, but no success, live and learn.

Super Contributor

Gosh, this was so frustrating. You did not even want to hear me yelling today. My poor dog. I literally could not answer the phone, no swipe, no nothing, it was just like looking at the fron of the phone and it was ringing. If I went to the phone app, still no reasonable way or directive on how to answer, So I would call him back each time and then it would not hang up either. It appears It wants me to download an app so it  can ring, just get me out of here if thats the case. It is suppose to be a phone not a tablet. Like I said never before, maybe it has to do with it being Motorola. Its going back and I will use it for texting until I get a replacement, but this ticked me off badly today, we had important things going on and it just added so much tension.

Esteemed Contributor

@Thebig I wrote:

Gosh, this was so frustrating. You did not even want to hear me yelling today. My poor dog. I literally could not answer the phone, no swipe, no nothing, it was just like looking at the fron of the phone and it was ringing. If I went to the phone app, still no reasonable way or directive on how to answer, So I would call him back each time and then it would not hang up either. It appears It wants me to download an app so it  can ring, just get me out of here if thats the case. It is suppose to be a phone not a tablet. Like I said never before, maybe it has to do with it being Motorola. Its going back and I will use it for texting until I get a replacement, but this ticked me off badly today, we had important things going on and it just added so much tension.

You maybe able to find a user guide on the Tracfone site. 

Honored Contributor

I hate Tracfone.  Hate them, hate them, hate them.  I had a thread on here a few months ago about my phone from a QVC promotion that wouldn't answer.  So I got hold of Tracphone and they offered me a flip phone for free.  A piece of ******, by the way, ZTE.  After three months of dinking around,, making a test call out, receiving a robo call DH thought I should answer, the phone stopped working.  Then they wanted me to switch the sim card from the old smartphone to the new flip phone.  That would mean I would have no phone whatsoever, I'm not giving them another chance to mess up on this.  I now carry the old smartphone and a car charger at all times and I can call 911 in a true emergency.  I noticed Evine had a Tracphone promotion recently, all the phones were black.  I think Tracphone buys obsolete models and troublesome models cheaper than dirt and foists them off on us.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass : Yep-feel the same. The first one was recommended for seniors- really-very difficult to set up. Suggested a newer and improved one for seniors. Final 3rd phone- me and two other people had trouble swiping the phone to answer. Never could get customer service on the phone- had to communicate via emails. Southern Bee 

New Contributor

I returned my Motorola.  I agree, riddled with issues.  But--you can go on the Tracfone site and reactivate your old phone if it was a Tracfone.  I just did this.

Honored Contributor

I'm on about my tenth (maybe more) Tracfone. My first one was one you had to unfold and then raise the antenna on to use. The second one was still one that you had to raise the antenna on, but you didn't have to unfold it which was more convenient. Then a couple of the small handheld ones with no external antenna, then a flip phone and now I'm on my fourth smartphone from them. It's probably been close to twenty years I've been using Tracfone with very few issues.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but as far as service providers go, they've been nearly perfect for me. I did have to swap out one phone prematurely when they switched to all-digital, but they gave me a really good price on a refurbished phone so that wasn't bad. And activation can be a headache sometimes, but you only activate it once, so that's good.

They've been vastly improving the quality and capabilities of the phones also. And the Bring Your Own Phone Plan pretty much lets you use any compatible phone with their service.

Before getting my new phone I considered the Motorola G6 and G7, but the LG Premier Pro was just too good of a deal to pass up, so I went with that instead. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor
Like @gardenman, I' ve been lucky, too. They're not *Tracfones* BTW. It's Tracfone *service*. Samsungs, LGs, Motorolas, etc. aren't adulterated by Tracfone, then sold. C'mon, people.

As for tgat Motorola, I bet it's the Moto 6, which I specifically stated here that I WASN'T going to purchase because of the *numerous* problems I'd read of with that phone (the *phone*-- not Tracfone), including screen and site freezing, to the point where the phone was inoperable. Instead, I got the LG Stylo 4, and love it.

So...stay away from the Moto 6, *regardless of who your provider is* 😉. And do your research before buying, folks. If it's a good phone, it'll be good if your service provider is Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, Consumer Cellular--or Tracfone.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: HORRIBLE Tracfone model

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady   

I bought my Moto g 6  from QVC.  w one year eservice plus 1500 min.,text,etc.and i have not had any problems at all with mine.

I let Motog6 give me a update.  it upgraded it.no problem.!

Last week Moto had a security update and i also downloaded it....still haven't had a problems....i use it to make a few phone calls on it plus texting.

I didn't set a security print,etc on it tho.

edited to add...i have Verzion for cell serviceprovider..no problems at all.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."