Respected Contributor

HELP WITH X AKA TWITTER ON ANDROID PHONE

On the profile page, upper right corner, there are 3 decending dots. One dot is share.

My headache is that when I tap the dot all things are there, things I do want there. They show in the share spare area.

I can not delete anything. Could not find any info on how to delete it. Have no idea why it is there.

Went to other profiles, hit their share dot, and it was things the person had put up in the space.

Is there anyone who can help me.

I am a dumb dumb so please help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: HELP WITH X AKA TWITTER ON ANDROID PHONE

@chiclets 

It would be helpful if you could be more specific. I use Twitter on an Android, and have no idea what you're referring to. I use a browser app and not the Twitter app.

I don't see 3 descending dots on my profile page or any other profile page.

What are all things that you want?

What is a share spare area?

What do you want to delete?

Have you looked in Settings or the Help Center?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina

Thank you for responding.
I have the X logo on my phone.  It used to be Twitter.
On the profile page there is my picture and underneath it has my description, etcetera.
To the far right of my avatar it has a area where it says Edit profile.
Now above that, still on the right, at the top, there is a circle and inside that circle there is a search thingy.
Now to the right of that search circle, there is another circle. This circle has three separate dots running down from top to bottom inside it.

Those 3 dots each have their own option.

• drafts
  • lists you are on

It is the share dot I have a problem with. When I tap it, an area pops with with info I do not want others to see.It can not delete anything in that area. The only thing I can do is push it down so it does not appear on my screen. If I go to another profile and hit share, all my info from that share space shows up on that profile to share.

I am a dumb dumb. I was hoping Miz Mac would have seen my post and helped me out. It has been a long time since I have posted.

I thank you for your kindness and interest.

I hope I have not confused you.

I have the Galaxy android.

It was nice to meet you.

Blessings.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets   Sorry I cannot help for several reasons.

1 - I only use X website on a computer - There are 3 dots but apparently not same as on an iOS device.

**See below

2 - I do not have a cell phone (actually, I do not use it except to order food & out of town.  Cell stays in my car).

Last but not least, some of your statements were quite confusing.

"Went to other profiles, hit their share dot, and it was things the person had put up in the space. "

"an area pops with with info I do not want others to see."

"If I go to another profile"

Other profiles?????  Are you sharing your account as well as your password? Smiley Surprised

"when I tap the dot all things are there, things I do want there. They show in the share spare area."

What things?????  What's the problem if you want them there?

confused.gif

** The 3 dots on the web version is in the left side column near  or at the bottom

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.23.39 PM.png

Clicking on the 3 dots brings up

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.23.10 PM.png

Hopefully, you can find someone who uses the X app instead of the website on their mobile device(s) to help.

In the meantime while you are waiting for responses, highly recommend that you research your issue on YouTube's tutorials/Help videos.

I could not find any CS, FAQs or Help on X website.

Good luck!!!  hug.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Hello Mz iMac....thank you for responding.

I am not willingly sharing any info with anyone on X

The 3 dots I refer to are in a circle on the upper right of the profile page.

One dot is share. When I tap that share dot an area will pop up on the page containing MY info, such as people who are on or not on X that I message with. In other words I can tap on a person and message them from this area. In addition, messages appear, as well as X- DuckDuckG- Chrome and so on. These are things that are actually on my own phone.

If I go to another X account and tap their share dot, everything I mentioned to you will be shown to them. This is what I do not want.

I never put anything in the share dot space.

I have been reading everything the X platform has on help.  I am not good at understanding tech info. What I gather is that somehow my settings changed and I allowed something to come through from google, which then gave it access to my phone, like a picture, or article.

As I mentioned, I have no idea what I did or when, but I do believe I made this problem happen and now must change settings to hopefully eliminated the problem and remove the info. Gosh, I got to understand it to do it, and yikes, what the heck, will I be doing or getting myself further into the mess.

I did contact X and pleaded for help. I have not received a response. They might have read my plea for help and thought it was a joke, no one could be that stupid. Well, I am!

Mz iMac, it was so very nice to say hello to you again. It has been a long time.

I tried to explain the matter the best I could but oops, could not even do that.

Thank you again.

chiclets.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets  "I am not willingly sharing any info with anyone on X"

Yet you are "sharing" accounts.  This where I am confused.

"If I go to another X account and tap their share dot, everything I mentioned to you will be shown to them. This is what I do not want."

Then stop sharing your account.  You should be able to correct the issue in X settings.  

I checked the web version.  I see nothing in my settings under Privacy that will allow me to do what you did........."share" accounts.  I did see messaging.  I didn't even know I could message folks on X.  Got me curious now.  I am going to bug Elon big time. Smiley LOL

The X app is nothing like the website.  Did you check Youtube's tutorials/Help resources like I suggested previously?

Respected Contributor

Thank you again Mz iMac

I am just going to let it go, for now.

I did check all the tutorials on YouTube, and reread  everything on X. I even went on the computer checking.

They talk about the drafts and the list dot but nothing about the share.

The only reason I went to another profile and tapped the share was because I was curious to see what was there. I know the individual and asked her to delete my stuff, and she did.

It is odd, there was not any place I could find info about those 3 vertical dots on the profile page.

Do not mention Elon. (ha ha).

I accept I do sound crazy. My URL shows in the share space, and under that is where my phone data is showing.

Tomorrow is St.Patrick's Day. I will begin my celebrating now.

Thanks so much for being on this journey with me. Thanks for being a friend. I am grateful.

Enjoy your tomorrow.

If things change I will tell you.

Enjoy life, and be safe.

Chiclets

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Well, Ha Ha on me!

Sorry for all the time I took away from you.

It was a common sense issue. 

That share dot does show what is on the phone, but that dot only shows the info to me. No one else can access the info.  If you tap the dot, the info will not be shown to you.

What I thought I had sent to another person was something I had in my draft and it was not the info of my phone. It was sent from the space because I follow her.

Yes I feel like a fool.  I am a dumb dumb.

Never used that dot before and so I became anxious and did not take a moment to think the matter out.

Thank you ever so much @Mz iMac 

At least you did find out you can share on X........(ha?)

Yeah, I sound like a nut case.

At least some of the old Irish whiskey helped clear the matter.

Thanks again.

Chiclets

never tapping that darn dot again.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets  Thanks for the update.  BTW, you are not a "dumb dumb." Trying to figure technology out as well as troubleshooting can be very confusing & time consuming.

I don't have any experience w/iOS device apps other than playing games. Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@chiclets  Thanks for the update.  BTW, you are not a "dumb dumb." Trying to figure technology out as well as troubleshooting can be very confusing & time consuming.

I don't have any experience w/iOS device apps other than playing games. Smiley Tongue

Thank you.  I believe that if I do not ask a question then I may not find my answer.  I would be ignorant if I do not ask.  That is why I say dumb dumb.  By the way, can we keep this confidential because I would not welcome Elon thinking I was dumb...again!!!!!! Ha Ha.

It was good to be in contact with you again.

Blessings my friend.

Chiclets.