Respected Contributor

HELP! Just received my Tracfone LG800g and can't remove the skin to put in the

battery. I know that was dumb of me -- I should have inserted battery first, but I thought removing the skin would be a simple step. NOT! What am I doing wrong?

Can someone tell me how to remove the back skin? I have tried sliding it up or down and also to pry it off. Nothing works.

I may have to return it unless I can get the back off and install the battery.

TIA

Re: HELP! Just received my Tracfone LG800g and can't remove the skin to put in the

I had the same problem! My problem was that I thought the black square was the entire back cover. In actuality the whole back cover comes off! So, if its flipped over, there is a small slit on the lower left edge. You lift it off with that. 

PS Believe it or not, the only reason I signed up for this site was to post a reply for you. I was searching for the answer to the same question and saw that this was unanswered. 😊 

2012? Well, this was the first thing that came up when I googled it. So maybe it will help someone.

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP! Just received my Tracfone LG800g and can't remove the skin to put in the

@Anactaka wrote:

I had the same problem! My problem was that I thought the black square was the entire back cover. In actuality the whole back cover comes off! So, if its flipped over, there is a small slit on the lower left edge. You lift it off with that. 

PS Believe it or not, the only reason I signed up for this site was to post a reply for you. I was searching for the answer to the same question and saw that this was unanswered. 😊 

2012? Well, this was the first thing that came up when I googled it. So maybe it will help someone.

Anactake, how kind of you to post now.  Thank you.  I was able to figure it out.