Respected Contributor

HELP! Accidentally Enlarged My Screen...Won't Go Away

Can someone please advise me what to do? I accidentally enlarged my screen, and I can't get rid of it...even after shutting down my computer and restarting. I think my finger accidentally hit either F9 or F8, and the screen enlarged. Any advice? Thank you!!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

Re: HELP! Accidentally Enlarged My Screen...Won't Go Away

I have a HP 20" touch.   When I need to change the print size on  my screen I go to the upper top right corner on the screen.  There is a small magnifying glass with a + in it.  I click on that and a screen opens that allows me to set the print size I want or I can ask to go back to "default".   I hope that this helps.   Good Luck

Super Contributor

I had the same problem only in reverse.   Try holding down the CTRL key and then hit the - (key with straight line) that should make it smaller or Hold down CTRL key and use your mouse.   Good luck, it worked for me.

Respected Contributor

Geller girl and Bookbabe, I tried what you both recommended, but it didn't do the trick. My print didn't actually enlarge in size. What enlarged was the margins around my screen...weired, huh?

Oh...think I just answered my own question. I hit the restore button at the top right of the screen, and it shrunk it down, and then I was able to enlarge it to the right size. Learned something new that I should have tried right away!

Oh, well...thanks for your help, and hope you both have a nice day!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

It is good to know I am not the only one who learns something new every day especially when it comes to electronics.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bookbabe, when it comes to computers, I usually learn from my mistakes! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Yardlie I press control key and the number 0 and it brings me back to the original screen size.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Karnerblue, thanks for the tip. I'll remember that one!

Honored Contributor

Great advice on this thread!  I love the way posters help each other.  @Yardlie, I wanted to add that any time the screen or any websites appear to be too large or too small, remember these key words:  "zoom in or zoom out."  You always can do a search to refresh your memory about how to zoom in/out on your specific device or your browser.  hth!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova