Honored Contributor

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS ABOUT GOOGLE LATELY?

[ Edited ]

Lately when I search for an answer to a question using Google I am not finding any answers, the Google search results are terrible. However, when I bring my question  up on Bing I get my answer.  Anyone else notice this?  Just curious.....Looks like I will be switching to BING as my search engine of choice....its not the greatest but appears better than Google...several articles in tech blogs written about this....one as late as July 2019..

My Chrome Browser is the latest version and all my Windows computer hardware/software is up to date, all caches routinely cleared.... 

Some tech guy said it seems Google is now catering more towards businesses so we are no longer receiving relevant results in Google's search engine. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS ABOUT GOOGLE LATELY?

@Spurt @Now that you mention it I have noticed that my searches haven’t been as good as they once were.I used to find just what I was looking for...maybe they want to start charging us.I noticed that a lot of sites want you to download their app.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed that.  To me, Google's search results are far more relevant than Bing's.  And it's not even close!

Valued Contributor

Thank you, Spurt!  I have felt the same way about Google lately...I just did a few searches using Bing with better results 😃 

Looks like I will be switching to Bing as well!

Honored Contributor

So far google search is the same for me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I’ve noticed that I will get about four answers to my question and everything after that is totally unrelated to what I asked for. I have been using Bing also.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any difference.  I haven't tried Bing in a long time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Nope

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Google (and all search engines) makes changes all the time, some obvious, some barely noticeable and some imperceptible.   I saw a slight change in recent months and there have been articles online about this.    Here's one example from June:

"Google Just Announced a Major Change To Your Search Results"

inc.com/jason-aten/google-just-announced-a-major-change-to-your-search-results.html

I like to use different search engines, and find that those with less tracking like DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Qwant, etc., are good alternatives.    Here's an article about these:

"10 Privacy Oriented Alternative Search Engines To Google in 2019"

itsfoss.com/privacy-search-engines/

(please copy and paste the URL links or search for the article titles)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Those were interesting articles @dooBdoo .  Thank you for posting.  The Google change sounds good to me.  I'll have to start noticing that.  It was sometimes irritating when the first three or four results were all to the same website.  I hope I understood it correctly that they're changing that, or have changed it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau