Contributor

Got my new kindle keyboard today.

Ordered it Tues and received it today. Love it!!! I have a Paperwhite on order but not sure if I will keep it or may cancel the order I love this one so much. I found a nice rechargeable double LED lit cover on Amazon for 12.99 on sale that recharges off the usb cable. I like page turn buttons better then touch screen for one thing. I like the audible qualities on the keyboard that are not on the PW. That is a very handy feature for kids in school, esp. for kids that have reading comprehension problems. Type up their test notes and email it to the kindle address. This kindle reads pdf. The kids can listen to their test notes, students driving cars to school can listen to their notes, etc. Wonderful feature! The keyboard is quiet, easy to push though the letters are small. The web browser is still slow but I can shop, etc. if I choose to on it. I copied my music on my pc to the kindle with the usb cable and the sound was pretty good and louder then I thought it would be. I tried audio books two weeks ago and found I enjoyed it. For kids not liking to read, check out the English teacher's book assignment and let them listen to it and then do their book report. Amazon just put out a new update, which is amazing since they didn't update this kindle and probably will discontinue it, imo. The update truly made a big difference in the fonts and now the parental controls are on it. There is an extensive manual built in and 2 dictionaries. Put your cursor before a word on the page and the definition pops up on the bottom of the page. You can also get free games on Amazon to play on it. It would be a shame if Amazon discontinues this but I've heard theres a legal problem with tts so thats why I grabbed mine now. Worth every penny.