Honored Contributor

Re: Getting ready to buy a IPad or a tablet. which brands do you like and which would you prefer?

Everyone- she posted on another thread that she made her decision and bought a Dell.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Getting ready to buy a IPad or a tablet. which brands do you like and which would you prefer?

On 8/7/2014 Roni said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}We have an iPad, a Kindle Fire, a Lenovo tablet and the iPad wins hands down. Ours, although old, is still working fine and my husband uses it daily. He is ''road kill on the internet highway'' (his description). I am considering buying a refurbished ''iPad Air'' OR the iPad 16GB with Retina display. Let me say this - when we got the iPad they tried to talk me 'down' from the most memory and 'best'... I should have listened. Today, I would buy just WI-FI, 16 GB...the least expensive. UNLESS you travel a lot and plan to use the tablet to download and playback movies... I love the apps for Apple products far more than Android...(they are supposed to be the same, but they are NOT ---having used both) and the Kindle is a disappointment. It IS a glorified e-reader.

Good luck!! Definitely full size---not a mini

The old Kindle might be a glorified e-reader, but the new Kindle Fire HDX's are awesome and can do everything the IPad can do, but for a better price.

Regular Contributor

I have both iPad and a new Kindle. If you don't mind dealing with a carousel to access your app icons go with KIndle. IF you want them stationery & found by sweeping the page go with iPad it is far better for that alone. Kindle is OK the resolution is good. The only thing I use Kindle for is to connect to my flatscreen to scream movies, tv shows. I use iPad on planes to read and the apps for certain things are better in iPad for sure. One example. I have an app for the same Daily Bible reading. On the iPad I touch the daily reading and it takes me directly to the OT, Psalm, Proverb and NT reading. On Kindle I have to touch screen separately for each segment making me toggle back and forth. Price is less but you also lose some things.

Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Gogos said:

I have both iPad and a new Kindle. If you don't mind dealing with a carousel to access your app icons go with KIndle. IF you want them stationery & found by sweeping the page go with iPad it is far better for that alone. Kindle is OK the resolution is good. The only thing I use Kindle for is to connect to my flatscreen to scream movies, tv shows. I use iPad on planes to read and the apps for certain things are better in iPad for sure. One example. I have an app for the same Daily Bible reading. On the iPad I touch the daily reading and it takes me directly to the OT, Psalm, Proverb and NT reading. On Kindle I have to touch screen separately for each segment making me toggle back and forth. Price is less but you also lose some things.

The newest Kindle HDX (almost a year old now) has either the icons (just like IPad) or the carousel. You can choose. I do prefer the icons.

You must have the older Kindle HD. You have to use the carousel on that one.

Regular Contributor

On 8/7/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

Everyone- she posted on another thread that she made her decision and bought a Dell.

LOL well so much for advice.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it and took it into consideration when I brought my Dell tablet. I have had Dell computers and understand them a little better then most of the others folks have chosen here. I did not want anything too technical and thought this would be a good starter tablet. And of course I have the warranty and the 24 hour tech support. I have had it a few days now. And I am using it right now. WORKING FINE! Have a good night and thanks for helping me out!