Honored Contributor

Folders moved on my MacBook Air desktop.....

but it was not on purpose!  I have no idea what I did but the personal folders that I keep on the desk top were on the left- top of the desktop screen....just where I want them....I do not know what I did, it was not intentional but now the folders are on the right side, running down the side of my desk top, and they will not budge from that spot!

I did google and read on the Apple site but the suggestions did not work, (they suggested opening finder-preferences...but there was nothing listed that solved the problem...any advice?

I think I was moving something to the trash and then all of a sudden my folders had moved to the other side.....it was the oddest thing! thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Folders moved on my MacBook Air desktop.....

Try this:  Right click on the desktop, select sort by and see what is checked.  If it is snap to grid, uncheck it. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613...I thought 'right click' was for non Apple computers...can you tell me how to 'right click'?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@glb613....I figured it out, thanks.  Not sure why/how it happened in the first place but the desktop is back to where I want it!!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@glb613....I figured it out, thanks.  Not sure why/how it happened in the first place but the desktop is back to where I want it!!

It would be nice to share how it was fixed.  You can right click on a Mac.  I don't know who told you you can't but, they are wrong.  For those who don't know, the right button on your mouse or toucj pad brings up a menu. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613...I would love to tell you how I did it....but I tried many things and it finally worked, sorry not sure what it was, as far as right clicking,  I don't use a mouse on the MacBook Air

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@glb613...I would love to tell you how I did it....but I tried many things and it finally worked, sorry not sure what it was, as far as right clicking,  I don't use a mouse on the MacBook Air

You can use the right part of your touchpad and it does the same thing.  As posted, using the right click brings up a menu.