Honored Contributor

Fed up with Verizon and thinking of switching

We've been with Verizon forever because DH's office gets a discount, but I've about had it. DS is on a school trip, and they suspended our service this morning. The reason is we bought a new phone that didn't work, so they sent us a replacement phone. That one didn't work either. We took it into the store. The guys looked at it and fiddled with it to get it to work. After a few days it froze. We called Verizon - again - and explained what happened. They told us the SD card was probably defective, so we switched. Nothing. The next representative we talked to talked to DS, took him through a number of steps, and got the first original phone working. So we need to send back the replacement phone. I lost the box. Called them and asked them to e-mail me a label. They can't do that. It has to come through the mail. So it did. Last week. Took the replacement phone in to a pack and wrap store this week, got a receipt, made a copy of the original letter they sent (that I enclosed with the 2nd phone). They haven't received the phone yet, and the tracking number I have seems to be wrong. I don't know how else to prove I sent it back.

After spending hours with various representatives on the phone and reading them everything I have, one of them finally reconnected us. But I have to call and make sure the phone gets to them!!! AAGH!

So I texted DS and told him he had service.

I know I was a frantic mom, but as I told the 15 people I talked to today, the bottom line for me was that my son was a long way away with no phone service. We're supposed to get a work-related discount, but a friend with 5 smart phones in his family pays less than we do. DH said they probably up the price to give us what we think is a discount!

I'm ready to switch. Any ideas? Any providers you're happy with, or are they all about the same? Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening!