Honored Contributor

Re: FOR THOSE IN THE MAC FAMILY

@roster wrote:

10.14.6? Mine says 10.13.6 as latest.

@roster,  You might have an older device, and it might not be compatible with newer operating system software.   You can look up your device online, or more easily just run the "software update" option in the App Store to be sure you have the most current for your Mac.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Mz iMac Neither do I.  I ALWAYS update the OS to make sure I have the latest components available.  I WILL upgrad to Catalina for the same reason.

@Cats3000,  I always install updates, to avoid missing security protection, and also because there can be glitchy problems on the device not readily apparent to us as users.    Even so, I understand why some people choose to wait a short time before installing (unless it contains announced, important security protection).   Thanks for the reminder thread for everyone!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I think it is a good idea to update your Macs when apple sends out a new operating system in particular.  They usually have security fixes attached to them which is a high priority for me to get installed on my macs.  So far in my history with apple I have never had a bad experience updating my software or updating individual apps that come up every month or so.   Apple is good that way in my experience (apple user for 8 years).