Honored Contributor

FINALLY have my internet back after 39 days

I’m hoping I don’t jinx it. I finally have my internet back. ATT DSL. RELIABLE? Trying to get it fixed has been my job. I will be switching in awhile. I’ve had the internet a few hours of a few days in between. Supposedly there were two back to back outages. For me, it’s just been one extended outage. My husband will be so happy to get his phone back. It’s great to be typing this post on my iPad Pro. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FINALLY have my internet back after 39 days

I've never heard of such a siruation.   Your state's utilities commission needs to get on the ball.  I'd be screaming bloody murder to them.  Can you imagine trying to operate a business or government office with no internet?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It would have been Hasta la Vista Baby after one week for me.  There are a lot other games in town and DSL is a poor product.

Respected Contributor

I recently switched from DSL and find that I am so happy with my new service @Mindy D . In the beginning there were a lot of interruptions and outages but after the upgrades it worked great. Hope you find a good carrier when you finally decide to switch over.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never heard of such a siruation.   Your state's utilities commission needs to get on the ball.  I'd be screaming bloody murder to them.  Can you imagine trying to operate a business or government office with no internet?

Right? It takes less time for people to get power back after a major disaster. That's unacceptable.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

It would have been Hasta la Vista Baby after one week for me.  There are a lot other games in town and DSL is a poor product.

I wouldn't even have made it a week, That would have driven my mobile phone bill up to an extreme and have forced me to commute 5 days a week instead of working from home. Earlier this month I had bronchitis and worked from home for an entire week because my cough was so bad. I would have had to call in sick for 5 days and work would have gone incomplete for a major deadline.

We need to make sure that America has high-speed internet at affordable prices no matter where you live. We still have over 20 million people without high-speed internet access.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

I wouldn't even have made it a week, That would have driven my mobile phone bill up to an extreme and have forced me to commute 5 days a week instead of working from home. Earlier this month I had bronchitis and worked from home for an entire week because my cough was so bad. I would have had to call in sick for 5 days and work would have gone incomplete for a major deadline.

We need to make sure that America has high-speed internet at affordable prices no matter where you live. We still have over 20 million people without high-speed internet access.

There's lots of interesting stuff going on with Internet access. Low Earth orbit satellites are already starting to offer some limited service. Amazon's looking to launch their own satellites for Internet service as soon as possible. 5G is coming for cellular users and promises speeds up to 25 Gbps.  Oddly enough local hard-wired providers are starting to pop back up. When I first got Internet there were multiple companies to choose from. These days, at least locally, there are only two providers, but that picture looks like it's about to change in a big way. We may all have five or more options in the not too distant future.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Years ago I lived in a building with only one phone line per apt, so it was dial up was your only option which meant your phone was out of commission, when you were on line I needed the line to be able to work at home on occasion

When Verizon first introduced DSL I jumped on it. It took weeks to get the line hooked up. The substation was 2 blocks away and apparently there was some switch not switched correctly. I hounded them and called and called and called. Finally it was connected, at the time they awarded my 6 months free service due to all the issues and errors

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I do hope you are able to find some decent internet service in your area.