Respected Contributor

Everything suddenly got Huge on my computer, need help

I was sending an e mail and all of a sudden everything got really huge on my computer, e mail, desktop items, all sites and everything else.

I went and checked all recommended settings, all set to recommendations. I shut down twice and restarted.

I don't know what else to get to get things back to normal size. My e mail etc are all off the screen, way too big to even see everything.

I have windows 10, use both Internet explorer as well as firefox/mozilla and use windows live mail as my e mail program.

Any suggestions, thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: Everything suddenly got Huge on my computer, need help

try hitting control button while hitting - sign on far right of computer..

I have done the same and accidently enlarged the screen!

Valued Contributor

When that happens to me either in google or explorer, I go to the X in the upper right corner and below that is usually ...  3 dots either horizontally or vertically, it looks like elipses. From there I have the option to go to the zoom choice and adjust accordingly. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

When that happens to me either in google or explorer, I go to the X in the upper right corner and below that is usually ...  3 dots either horizontally or vertically, it looks like elipses. From there I have the option to go to the zoom choice and adjust accordingly. Good luck.

thanks, This works here but not for my e mail program or my desktop icons which now take over my entire screen they are so huge.

Honored Contributor

The latest update from Microsoft changed the display settings for a number of users. I'm dealing with the same issue. It won't let you change the resolution back to where you want it. I've tried updating the display drivers to no avail. I'll be puttering around with it more tomorrow and should come up with a fix if Microsoft doesn't fix it first.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

try hitting control button while hitting - sign on far right of computer..

I have done the same and accidently enlarged the screen!

the sign on the far right of my computer is my notifications. I has something else there but it is now gone since the other stuff is so huge and took over the bottom tool bar as well as my desktop icons and e mail program.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The latest update from Microsoft changed the display settings for a number of users. I'm dealing with the same issue. It won't let you change the resolution back to where you want it. I've tried updating the display drivers to no avail. I'll be puttering around with it more tomorrow and should come up with a fix if Microsoft doesn't fix it first.

thanks, post if you figure out what happened and how to fix this

I too checked my drivers for updates after I shut down twice and after checking recommended settings for resolution's etc than  checked my drivers, so, will be glad to hear if you find out anything, thanks

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

thanks, post if you figure out what happened and how to fix this

I too checked my drivers for updates after I shut down twice and after checking recommended settings for resolution's etc than  checked my drivers, so, will be glad to hear if you find out anything, thanks

Some people are having success reverting to an earlier version of their video driver, but the revert tab is greyed out on my computer. The Microsoft support pages are getting lots of complaints about this issue so a fix should be coming soon. I uninstalled the update, but sadly it didn't fix the issue.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I found a fix. The problem seems to be with the video driver dated 7/25/2017. I went to Device Manager, then clicked on the "dsiplay adapters" and then right clicked on the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics. Then I clicked on the "Driver" tab, Then "Update Driver."  Then "Browse my computer for driver software." Then  "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer." It found four versions of the driver, two dated 7/25/2017 and one dated earlier along with the generic one. I clicked on the earlier one and installed it and I'm back to normal. The screen went black for a few seconds, but when it came back I was back at my old resolution.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I found a fix. The problem seems to be with the video driver dated 7/25/2017. I went to Device Manager, then clicked on the "dsiplay adapters" and then right clicked on the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics. Then I clicked on the "Driver" tab, Then "Update Driver."  Then "Browse my computer for driver software." Then  "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer." It found four versions of the driver, two dated 7/25/2017 and one dated earlier along with the generic one. I clicked on the earlier one and installed it and I'm back to normal. The screen went black for a few seconds, but when it came back I was back at my old resolution.

clicked on display adapters but the only thing there is ATI Radeon HD 4200