Respected Contributor

Electronics Just Might Drive me to Retirement Center

Between ring doorbell, two tv's, sound bar, the last few months has been challenging.  Maybe if I had a person on call to remedy my technology issues, life would be simplified.  Trying to determine if internet issues, item, or whatever.  Do I laugh or cry!  Ain't technology grand!

Honored Contributor

Re: Electronics Just Might Drive me to Retirement Center

@Twins Mom wrote:

Between ring doorbell, two tv's, sound bar, the last few months has been challenging.  Maybe if I had a person on call to remedy my technology issues, life would be simplified.  Trying to determine if internet issues, item, or whatever.  Do I laugh or cry!  Ain't technology grand!

@Twins Mom     How about your CAR???    OMG, I don't pay any attention to my fuel/air ratio, engine compression, etc.     I just wanna get to the store, not MARS!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom 

What problems are you having or are you venting. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't feel bad.

Looking at a tv for the guest bedroom...they have apps! Roku, Netflix, Twilight Zone, with no remote...🤤

I'm going to the used electronics guy in town and pick up a nice used flatscreen that only requires a connection to boring cable.

Honored Contributor

this is why i had kids.....to help me with my gadgets. LOL Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom wrote:

@Twins Mom 

I am a very old man that loves technology. Started getting my interest in the mid 1950's, and has never stopped. First came audio/then in the late '60's came the VCR. Paid over $1,000 for my first VHS recorder. 

The only technology I wish had never made it? The cell phone. Now it is used for everything BUT a telephone. Before the ******* Virus hit, socializing face to face was pretty much dead. Along with that came TALKING via the telephone.

Give me the best in audio and the best video available and I am a happy audio/videophile!  A great movie without great audio loses me before the real movie even starts.

He!! Back when wrist watches went digital, all my co-workers and friends would come to me to set them. Then the VCR? Decided after so many wanted my help, I said, hey john, let's make a few $$$ setting these things up.

Then I added hours teaching them how to use them. Pretty much could make as much as I wanted, but my other interests in life prevailed. Hockey/Drag Racing and running Road Races.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut    Well, I do own a 435hp V8 with a 6-speed.....but electronics?   I'm typing on it right now.    Oh yeah, I have a Tracphone in the car in case I get a flat...(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are wonderful when they work, tear my hair out when they don't.  

I go on the internet, describe my problem, or if instructions are not clear on something new, up comes the answer.  If I'm having the difficulty, others are too.

Most of the time I can figure it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree some days it so frustrating with all the new gadgets to keep you up and running with the rest of the world. 

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

Learn the basics and all will be fine.