Honored Contributor

Re: Easy to use tv aentenna

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina.  In recent years the network stations have added auxiliaries like channels 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.5, 7.6   (qvc in my area) but none of these are listed.

Do you get Q2 ?  I can't find it anywhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@gardenman I had someone install a digital over the air antenna for me just as you describe.  I have two tvs on it and it works like a charm.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caffeina.  In recent years the network stations have added auxiliaries like channels 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.5, 7.6   (qvc in my area) but none of these are listed.

Do you get Q2 ?  I can't find it anywhere.

@Kachina624 

I don't get Q2 over the air, but I do get all three Q channels through Xfinity. Our cable doesn't go out often, but when it does I'm able to switch to the antenna and watch that way.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina.  I get all the Q and HSN channels on my Roku so it's not a big deal.  

The cable and antenna attach to the same place on the back of the TV but I believe there's some sort of "splitter" where they can both be attached at the same time and you can go from one to another using your remote.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

The cable and antenna have two different connections on our TV. We have Xfinity with HD, so it's connected to the HDMI input of the TV. The antenna is connected to the regular antenna input. The remote can used to switch between the two that way also.

Respected Contributor

when our cable goes out, i have an antop boosted antenna, that i use. I'm not sure of the predicted range because it's several years old. It's the kind you stick on a window(suction cups) and then scan. It works fine in a pinch, but i'd want something stronger for permanent use.

We have a water tower/cell tower across the street, so i bet reception would be better out further.

Our old house had an antenna installed in our attic space. The big old metal one and it was ok, 30 yrs ago before the new technology.