Contributor

Dyson is now replacing their recalled heater/coolers

I just got an email from Dyson. They now want to replace their recently recalled units with brand new units. Not a safety issue, but quality issues. This time the UPS guy will trade the old one with a new one at your door.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson is now replacing their recalled heater/coolers

Once I saw the price of these things? Heck I could buy a Heat/Cool Portable 13,000 BTU which is a Heater and an Air Conditioner for almost the same price. Spending that much money to "just move air?" Unless this is not the "circle thing" that I've seen many times on here and on hsn, I don't get the purpose of spending that kind of money to move warm air. Heck I can get a half dozen ceiling fans for the price of one of them units.

Glad you are getting a brand new unit for free. If this is not just the "circle thing" and something else, give me an item number will you so I can see what it might be.

Thank you in advance,

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I've never contacted them about mine so better give them a call. I love mine.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

hckynut,

The fan that Dyson is doing a new replacement for looks like V32796 but it doesn't just move air it can be switched to be either a heating or cooling unit.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 NJ_Collectible said:

hckynut,

The fan that Dyson is doing a new replacement for looks like V32796 but it doesn't just move air it can be switched to be either a heating or cooling unit.

It is close to what I thought it was but not the circle one. How can something that has no compressor or heat pump cool and heat air? Heat maybe with some type of coil that heats ceramic or something else I might see. But to cool air? Not quite as easy and I still don't see it keeping our bedroom(17'x20') as cool as our portable AC or as warm as our Infrared Heater. I read a couple of the reviews and they call it "a fan" not an AC/Heater.

This Dyson thing is cheaper than I thought, but for $100 more I know I could buy a 11,000 BTU AC/Heater the same brand as our current portable AC only unit.

Hey, if it works for some more power to them. We however do not turn on our furnace in the winter nor our whole house AC in the summer and we live in Nebraska where it gets mighty cold and mighty hot in the seasons. The only heat and AC we turn on is in our 4 season patio room and so far this summer I have yet to turn on the AC. Ceiling fan and a commercial fan are all that I need to be ok.

Thank you for your reply "NJ_Collectible" I appreciate you taking the time to answer this for me.

hckynut(john)