Trusted Contributor

Dumb question about smartphone cover/cord etc

Just bought my son a Samsung smartphone. He will be going to Texas on behalf of Fema in a day or so. I want him to have a cover. Are there any covers that have a place where you can store the cord? Or would he just leave the card in his suitcase at the motel? Told you it was a dumb question. I just have a regular flip phone, but maybe I'll get a smartphone too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dumb question about smartphone cover/cord etc

@geegerbee wrote:

Just bought my son a Samsung smartphone. He will be going to Texas on behalf of Fema in a day or so. I want him to have a cover. Are there any covers that have a place where you can store the cord? Or would he just leave the card in his suitcase at the motel? Told you it was a dumb question. I just have a regular flip phone, but maybe I'll get a smartphone too.

I've never seen a case that stores a cord.  Questions aren't dumb or smart.  If you want to know something, ask.  

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

Just bought my son a Samsung smartphone. He will be going to Texas on behalf of Fema in a day or so. I want him to have a cover. Are there any covers that have a place where you can store the cord? Or would he just leave the cord in his suitcase at the motel? Told you it was a dumb question. I just have a regular flip phone, but maybe I'll get a smartphone too.

haven't seen that, but you might want to get him a power bank for the phone, if he's out of the hotel .  they are not a lot   don't need the big fancy ones they push here 

Honored Contributor

ITA with having a powerbank. Especially when going to a rescue area. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

Never seen a case that stores a cord. There are many chargers at all price ranges and not really expensive. Choices vary many times by how many charges(milliamps) you can get from them. Charge them in an AC outlet at hotel and carry it to keep phone charged or to recharge(use same cord).

No such thing as a "dumb question), moreso in this world of ever changing electronic advancements. Everyone learned somehow, and myself learned much from others by asking questions, regardless of their nature.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I forgot to say they sell retractable cords, I have one for my iphone that I use specficially for travel. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I also agree about getting a powerbank.......