Honored Contributor

Re: Don't really think this is technology, but don't know where to post it, so--- Pay Pal

@tucsongal wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Miss Pepsi 

When you close a CC account, you get a 'ding' on your credit report.

————— 

Closing PayPal would not close your credit card account, so I don’t think it would be a problem.

@tucsongal 

I'm referring to myPayPal issued credit card.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Don't really think this is technology, but don't know where to post it, so--- Pay Pal

@KingstonsMom sorry, I misunderstood your response 🙂

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I get emails all the time from scammers posting as PayPal and telling me that my account needs to be verified.  Just be cautious if using them or any other pay service looking for your personal info to not respond to emails that haven't been verified. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@KingstonsMom sorry, I misunderstood your response 🙂

@tucsongal 

No problem!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@DH has worked in computers all his life.  His major was Physics, and he gets his clients out of ransom viruses.

He says paypal is actually safer than using your credit card.  We rarely make an online purchase without the security of paypal.

Esteemed Contributor

My credit cards have kind of large credit limits on them and I usually keep too much money in my bank accounts to feel comfortable tying them to a Paypal account.

Instead, I have a bank account I use for Paypal purchases exclusively. I usually transfer no more than $300 into it and when it starts getting low, I simply transfer more.

Paypal purchases are just so much faster/easier than using a credit card.

Honored Contributor

I've had Paypal since eBay has required it.  I did not want to tie our bank accounts to it so I opened a special account that was tied only to my eBay sales.  I also have my CC tied to it so I can make purchases.  I remember it getting hacked once and I wanted to cancel my CC card thru eBay and they wouldn't do it, they froz all the accounts.  So I went to my Credit Card company and cancelled.  But I believe that Paypal has really evolved over the years and I have had no other issues.  I think they are as safe as any other..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

PayPal offers two choices:

1. You can either open a PayPal line of credit, basically a new charge card. I think some posters are referring to this.

2. Or, you can use Pay Pal to pay your bill using your existing charge card. I use this option.

Here's how it works:

Let's say I order from five online stores today.  Some of these may be smaller businesses with poor security, or only one time orders. Why should they have my card number and expiration date on file?

So I have PayPal pay for my five orders, and then PayPal is reimbursed by charging their outlay to my charge card. PayPal has my credit card info, but the various online stores don't.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, again, everyone.  I am still not sure what to do.  I guess I am resistant (i.e., scared) to change and I think and over-think most things of this nature.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin