Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know the brand Supersonic and do they make good TVS?

Good morning! I am thinking of ordering my mother -in -law a small kitchen  flat screen TV from that brand [supersonic] that I saw on  sale. I do not know this brand but, the TV is on such a good sale for a 15 inch screen hard to pass up. The reviews were mixed. What do all of you think?  Have you heard of this brand? TIA Merry Xmas.Woman Happy

Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the brand Supersonic and do they make good TVS?

[ Edited ]

I bought a 13 Inch Supersonic tv nearly two years ago and it has worked flawlessly since then. I misplaced the user manual but was able to download it online with no problem. The company claims to have been in business for 30 years and is in the same holdings as LG electronics. 

Like many other electronic devices these days, I think it has standard parts used by many companies and sold under different brand names. I would not hesitate to buy another Supersonic tv.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964  @Buster43 Do you hook these tiny TVs up to cable/satellite?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Yes, mine is hooked into DISH network. There is a whole assortment of connections available including internet and I also have a built-in dvd player on the side...so it's an all purpose TV.

Honored Contributor

@Buster43 wrote:

I bought a 13 Inch Supersonic tv nearly two years ago and it has worked flawlessly since then. I misplaced the user manual but was able to download it online with no problem. The company claims to have been in business for 30 years and is in the same holdings as LG electronics. 

Like many other electronic devices these days, I think it has standard parts used by many companies and sold under different brand names. I would not hesitate to buy another Supersonic tv.

Computers have largely been built that way since PC's first came along and when flat screen HDTV's came along that same patttern emerged. Pretty much no one makes an HDTV from scratch. They all buy the odds and ends, assemble them, and slap their label on it. A modern HDTV will have a motherboard, power supply, LCD panel, and a few other odds and ends from assorted manufacturers all slapped together to make a finished product. 

Modern manufacturing techniques are so advanced that if you were just making components for your HDTV's you could make all you'd need in a few weeks, or months time and then have to shut down the line. Rather than shut down the line, they just keep making those components and sell them to other brands to use in their HDTV's. Your Supersonic HDTV might have a Samsung power supply,  a Sony LCD panel, and a motherboard from yet another major maker. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!