Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have Apple Music?

What do you think of it? I have satellite radio in the car.  Thinking of trying Apple.  Comments appreciated.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have Apple Music?

I use Pandora, it's free and just got Spotify, and there's Google music also free.

I use them a bunch of them with Sonos.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I've had a sub since it came out. I really enjoy it. I have the family plan. We've had satellite for years but at this point dh is the only one that listens to it because I've never been a fan of radio. I prefer to listen to what I want when I want, plus radio doesn't play a lot of the artists I listen to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I have XM Radio  and love it. I found a new Jazz singer and brought her music.

I use to like Apple Radio when it was free with iTunes. 

If  you are a heavy music player it is your choice.

I pay for Napster. I can play it on my cell or any computer/ tablet in the house.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No. I used and loved Apple Radio, which was free. When they replaced it with the paid Apple Music, I was mad. I think the only difference, besides the fee, is that Apple Radio wouldn't let you pick the songs, it let you pick an artist or genre, like Pandora. 

Maybe someday I'll change my mind, but for now I pretty much just resent them for asking me to pay for features I don't want and taking away the free option I preferred.

Esteemed Contributor

I had XM satellite radio in my car but decided not to continue with it.  I found that I spent more time using the Bluetooth to connect my iPhone to the car stereo to listen to content I have already loaded onto my iTunes account.   I haven't tried Apple Music...I guess it's because I'm satisfied with what I've got and don't think I'll use it enough to warrant the fees.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the feedback @wildcat fan@ChynnaBlue@Nuttmeg@jaxs mom@jackthebear.  I am the only one who will use it.  DH and I both have Satellite Radio in our vehicles but I am going to let mine go.  I don't drive all that much and we take long trips in his vehicle.

I am thinking Apple Music makes sense $ wise for a family but not for one.  I have no idea what Spotify or Pandora is.  Would appreciate feedback on that.  I should educate myself as well.

Right now, I buy my music on itunes.

I get the feeling of being annoyed with Apple for now charging for what was once free.  They charge for everything don't they?  Also, if there is a new gizmo they can add to make you pay more for computers and ipads, they do it.  Good example is the dongle on the new MacBooks.  LM

Honored Contributor

Pandora is just radio. You put in a band, genre of music or whatever and they play a selection of music that they think is similiar. At least that's what it was back when I used to listen to it. Like I said, I'm not a radio person so I quit using it. I like making my own playlists and listening to the specific bands and songs I want to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Pandora and Spotify are free music services. 

Pandora lets you create stations based on artists, songs, or genres you like. It will play music based on those things, so you might create a Paul Simon station and get James Taylor, Simon and Garfunkle, Van Morrison and more, not just Paul Simon. It was originally intended to help introduce people to new music, so you wind up getting more of the other artists than the artist you used to base the station around. You rate songs you like to help adjust the station to your preferences. You can use the free version with ads or the paid version with no ads. I don't know about the pay version, but the free version does not allow you to enter any song you want and play it whenever you want.

Spotify is similar, but you have more control over what you hear. You can play an entire album, hear music by only the artist you want, or create a playlist of songs you like. You can also share playlists. You can get a pay version with no ads and more options, but I've never bothered because the free service works well.

They have online versions and apps to download to devices.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Thanks for the feedback @wildcat fan@ChynnaBlue@Nuttmeg@jaxs mom@jackthebear.  I am the only one who will use it.  DH and I both have Satellite Radio in our vehicles but I am going to let mine go.  I don't drive all that much and we take long trips in his vehicle.

I am thinking Apple Music makes sense $ wise for a family but not for one.  I have no idea what Spotify or Pandora is.  Would appreciate feedback on that.  I should educate myself as well.

Right now, I buy my music on itunes.

I get the feeling of being annoyed with Apple for now charging for what was once free.  They charge for everything don't they?  Also, if there is a new gizmo they can add to make you pay more for computers and ipads, they do it.  Good example is the dongle on the new MacBooks.  LM

I let my Sirius go for now 

I have Pandora, google music, and Spotify on my phone and. Amamzon too 

they are all pretty much much the same , you can play music on yr phone or tablet etc. all have plus/minus 

you could manage with the free versions just fine  

they gave ads 

As much as I am an apple fan I can't  see much reason to sign on with Apple Music right now and pay