Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have Amazon 7" Fire 8GB Tablet

I do not see any reviews on this, can someone tell me if it is any good?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have Amazon 7" Fire 8GB Tablet

Yes, I have the small Kindle Fire HDX.  I got it to carry with me in my handbag when I go to appointments where I need to be entertained.  It's a nice device but I have a lot of trouble with eye strain when I use it a lot since it is small.  It was hard to hold until I got a handle that allows me to essentially hold it in the palm of my hand.  I have them on all my tablets.

I haven't had any trouble with mine.  Got it in December 2014 when they were on sale.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Fionna@Kachina624, please tell me more about the "handle" you have for your 7" Fire HDX.  Where did you buy it and can you fully describe it for me so I can look on line to find it.

I have the Fire 7" that came out in 2015 when it was a real bargain of about $35-40.

I like it very much except my hand gets so tired trying to hold it for any length of time.  I have been wanting to get some kind of a "handle."  I mostly use it to read in bed, but I actually prefer my older Kindle Keyboard because it is so comfortable in my left hand.

Frequent Contributor

I decided not to buy it because someone said you could not use the etsy app with it and that is why I wanted it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister wrote:

@Fionna@Kachina624, please tell me more about the "handle" you have for your 7" Fire HDX.  Where did you buy it and can you fully describe it for me so I can look on line to find it.

I have the Fire 7" that came out in 2015 when it was a real bargain of about $35-40.

I like it very much except my hand gets so tired trying to hold it for any length of time.  I have been wanting to get some kind of a "handle."  I mostly use it to read in bed, but I actually prefer my older Kindle Keyboard because it is so comfortable in my left hand.

Have you considered a case for it? You can get them cheap on eBay & the case folds to a stand. I rest the stand on my lap & that's how I use all my devices. The pic is of one for iPad but they have them for all devices. Just search 7" KIndle Fire case on eBay. I think the ones where the device rests in a ridge on the case (like below) work better than the ones where the case folds into a triangle behind the case. Those don't work on your lap as well as they fall backwards if not on a flat, stable surface.

image.jpeg

I also have:New Finger Ring Sticky Mount Stand Holder Support for iPhone Samsung Tablet that I ordered on eBay. They cost under $2. They are just like E228183 but cheaper. Check out the QVC video for this item. I have one on my kindle & it works great. I think it would work on the small kindle fire's as well.

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If anyone wants an awesome tablet holder, you need the Prop 'n Go Slim found at the big A store.

They are expensive ($35) but well worth the price.  I actually have three!  I have one at work, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.  Love this item!

You can use it laying in bed, on the counter, in your lap or wherever. 

It works on any size tablet and it is very well made!

P.S.  I don't own stock in the company nor do I work for them.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister  The company, LapWorks, makes some wonderful devices that make it possible to easily hold a tablet in the palm of the hand for hours.  On Amazon's search bar enter "lapworks in electronics".  There are several models depending on what device you're using.  This is the one on my 7" Kindle.

2016-03-19 22.15.48.png

Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I decided not to buy it because someone said you could not use the etsy app with it and that is why I wanted it.

@Fionna  Whoever told you that you couldn't use the etsy app on the Kindle was mistaken.  Kindle uses the Android operating system as does the Samsung tablet I use most of the time.  I just downloaded etsy onto my Samsung with no problem.  Even if there was no Android app for etsy, I could have accessed it by doing an Internet search, the same way I get on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Big Sister  The company, LapWorks, makes some wonderful devices that make it possible to easily hold a tablet in the palm of the hand for hours.  On Amazon's search bar enter "lapworks in electronics".  There are several models depending on what device you're using.  This is the one on my 7" Kindle.

2016-03-19 22.15.48.png

@Kachina624, thank you for the info on LapWorks, I will check it out for my Fire 7.  I had seen this particular one on Amazon but had not ordered it.  There were several I was thinking about but wasn't sure.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Fionna wrote:

@Fionna  Whoever told you that you couldn't use the etsy app on the Kindle was mistaken.  Kindle uses the Android operating system as does the Samsung tablet I use most of the time.  I just downloaded etsy onto my Samsung with no problem.  Even if there was no Android app for etsy, I could have accessed it by doing an Internet search, the same way I get on QVC.

Kindle tablets are android, but they have their own system.  Kindle tablets do not have all the same apps as regular android tablets. Kindle tablets do have "most" of the wanted apps, but I looked in the Amazon store and couldn't find the regular etsy app.

You could go to etsy by using the regular web address.  Since I don't do etsy, I'm not sure why you need the app.

If you absolutely need the app, it might not work.