Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have a SUPER LARGE Cellphone?

@violann   You're Welcome.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I need a BIG one with at least an 8" screen.

Any advice is appreciated.

I would be more inclined to look at two devices. A "normal" cellphone for calls, and then a tablet for everything else. When you're talking about an 8" screen or larger, you're looking at the very high-end folding phones most of the time that start at over a thousand dollars. 

If you need a bigger screen to read texts, there are apps that will transfer texts from your phone to your tablet automatically letting you use your tablet to both send and receive texts through your house's WiFi or the Bluetooth settings on the phone/tablet. One is called MYSMS and there are a lot of others out there. There are several lists of the ten best apps to transfer texts to a tablet, so if there are ten best lists of apps, there are a lot of apps out there. 

Using two devices may be your best overall option. You can buy a really nice phone and a ten-inch tablet for less than you'd pay for an 8" folding phone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@hopi : Totally agree and understand. My eyes are bad but my hands are small. I have the Samsung A10E.  My retirement uniform includes a denim skirt and tee shirt. I can still put this phone in my skirt pocket.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

I would be more inclined to look at two devices. A "normal" cellphone for calls, and then a tablet for everything else. When you're talking about an 8" screen or larger, you're looking at the very high-end folding phones most of the time that start at over a thousand dollars. 

If you need a bigger screen to read texts, there are apps that will transfer texts from your phone to your tablet automatically letting you use your tablet to both send and receive texts through your house's WiFi or the Bluetooth settings on the phone/tablet. One is called MYSMS and there are a lot of others out there. There are several lists of the ten best apps to transfer texts to a tablet, so if there are ten best lists of apps, there are a lot of apps out there. 

Using two devices may be your best overall option. You can buy a really nice phone and a ten-inch tablet for less than you'd pay for an 8" folding phone.

@gardenman : Thank you. We can always count on you providing information and suggestions that we need. Enjoy your weekend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

========================

THANKS!

BTW, sounds like you've researched this quite a bit.

Have you seen a tablet that you like ... that's as good as an Ipad mini but cheaper (an Ipad mini dupe), that I can use as an E-reader ?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

========================

THANKS!

BTW, sounds like you've researched this quite a bit.

Have you seen a tablet that you like ... that's E-Z to use?

I haven't looked at tablets lately. I just use an 8" Fire tablet for my own use. It does what I need it to do, and I paid something like $40 for it on Prime Day last year.  There are a lot of tablet options out there. Samsung makes a lot of very well-reviewed ones.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

I'm towards the other end of the spectrum. Phones are getting much too large for me. Any suggestions for a device up to approx 6?" Absolutely don't want 6.5 or larger.