Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have An Antena For TV?

Dear Kachina,

Thank you and everyone else that gave me such good answers and some things to consider!

I wouls also like to apoligize for anything in the past that I have written to you that was less than kind!!!!!  We have disagreed on a few things but that is no reason to ever be insulting or rude, please forgive me Heart

You and I probably have many things in common and if we were neighbors we would be friends.  Take care of yourself and I wish you and everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Respectfully,

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I forgot to add that I got an Amazon Fire Stick for one TV and a Roku Express for the other.  I like the Fire Stick best.

I forgot to quote your last post.  Please read my answer.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

The Mohu Leaf website will tell you, for each of its antennas, how many and which channels you can expect to receive.  I get 50-60.  When I entered my zip code, it returned only 7 for my antenna, the Leaf 30.  However when I clicked "rescan," and entered my street address, it returned 60, a more realistic listing.  

All that to say - don't be discouraged by the small number when you entered just your zip code.  Take the extra step of entering your full address.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The Mohu Leaf website will tell you, for each of its antennas, how many and which channels you can expect to receive.  I get 50-60.  When I entered my zip code, it returned only 7 for my antenna, the Leaf 30.  However when I clicked "rescan," and entered my street address, it returned 60, a more realistic listing.  

All that to say - don't be discouraged by the small number when you entered just your zip code.  Take the extra step of entering your full address.

Thank you so much ValuSkr!  We will check this out.

Honored Contributor

Please note that the Mohu Antenna has the word "metro" in its title.  It's designed for use in urban areas.  It's amazing how this dumb looking thing that takes 5 minutes to install, brings in all these channels so clearly.  I live in the suburban Albuquerque area.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have a Roku box which I pay $8/mo.( for Hulu.)

I can get all the network channels except CBS

I got the Mohu Leaf antenna for this reason.  I get CBS just fine and saved myself $6/mo.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have Directv box and also a regular rabbit ears antenna for local channels. All you have to do to get the local channels with the antenna is plug it in then go to your TV set-up screen and choose auto-program antenna channels. It picks up all the ones that come across in the air automatically. I got an antenna like this at Walmart for $8:

download.jpg

I have one that looks like this.  I get maybe 40 local digital channels broadcast over the air.  They include local fox, abc, NBC, cbs, a couple of pbs sets of channels, CW, all the rerun channels, , HSN, qvc.  Like in the olden days you do have to move the antenna around for best reception.  I agree buy one and see what you can receive before you cut the cord.  you will not get CNN, MSNBC, hgtv, lifetime, discovery, etc.  I also stream over my internet via Apple TV.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Please note that the Mohu Antenna has the word "metro" in its title.  It's designed for use in urban areas.  It's amazing how this dumb looking thing that takes 5 minutes to install, brings in all these channels so clearly.  I live in the suburban Albuquerque area.

THis is very interesting.  Never heard of the Mohu.  THe one with the amplifier might be just themticket for me.  THanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

Highly recommend the Mohu Leaf antenna.

I live rural, I mean REALLY rural and I get 12-15 channels. All local programming, PBS as well as a few funky channels like Antenna TV.

I bought the 50 mile range antenna for $65 at Best Buy. Simple to install, hangs on my slider door with suction cups. 

Goodbye cable bill!