Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do laptop computers still come with recovery discs?

@newjersey wrote:

If not, does anyone know how someone would set their laptops back to factory default?  Thank you.

Go to control panal and then  settings and it will give you some options. And one of them is a full factory recovery your computer will be wiped clean and you would just enter in your information. This will take a few hours depending on your computers applications and how it runs. And what it runs on. Your welcome and good luck!

Valued Contributor

Re: Do laptop computers still come with recovery discs?

@newjersey wrote:

If not, does anyone know how someone would set their laptops back to factory default?  Thank you.

Hi @newjersey  I set my Acer laptop back to factory default when I couldn't boot up to Windows. .. (Win 7)

I saved the instuctions and sent them to my son who also set his back.

It's easy to do; just takes a long time. I don't know if it works on other than ACER.

Here is the url : HTH

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:
1.Restart the computer.
2.When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
3.If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
4.After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
5.Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
6.Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.
7.Once the restore is complete your computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer may reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.

If the steps above do not work, you will need to use recovery media to restore your system. If you do not have a set of Acer Recovery Media, you may purchase a set online.