Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone else get a new smart 4K television?

[ Edited ]

I have the LG OLED 4K 65" and it was super easy to set up. I also have Directv and recently bought a Roku Stick which I love.

OT - LG just came out with a 88" 8K OLED. I can't imagine what that would look like.

ETA - I had Geek Squad come to my house to help with the set up. I was having a problem with one of the HDMI outlets on the TV and it turned out that one was not working so I wasn't charged for their visit or the repair. Geek Squad showed me how to set up the video/picture options and how to make changes in the TV's content guide under the advanced settings tab. Most of it is set on 'automatic' so there are no adjustments and the picture looks fantastic. It also has the 'Magic Remote'...just point it at the screen and use it like a mouse or use voice commands.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have the LG OLED 4K 65" and it was super easy to set up. I also have Directv and recently bought a Roku Stick which I love.

OT - LG just came out with a 88" 8K OLED. I can't imagine what that would look like.

ETA - I had Geek Squad come to my house to help with the set up. I was having a problem with one of the HDMI outlets on the TV and it turned out that one was not working so I wasn't charged for their visit or the repair. Geek Squad showed me how to set up the video/picture options and how to make changes in the TV's content guide under the advanced settings tab. Most of it is set on 'automatic' so there are no adjustments and the picture looks fantastic. It also has the 'Magic Remote'...just point it at the screen and use it like a mouse or use voice commands.

Samsung had a demonstrator 120" monitor at E3 a year or two ago and the president of Samsung said at the time that people wouldn't be happy until a television filled an entire wall. There's new technology coming along that will soon allow flexible screens, so you may buy new TV's much like you buy a roll of carpet now. Bring it home all rolled up, secure one end, unroll it, and secure the other end, and voila! a wall of TV. With the 5G technology that's coming with insane bandwidth (15-25 gigabits per second) insanely high definition may also be possible. In five to ten years, you may just be able to have a wall of television that's razor sharp no matter how close you get.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Back last yr. we got a good deal on a 4K UHD Samsung 55in Tv. Didn't want the curved kind.

Sears recommended buying the special HDMI cable of course was extra, but, your gonna keep the TV for yrs. so fork out at the beginning.

It's great for vivid colors like sporting events, but, now when we watch movies it's like 'to real' LOL You can tell it's people in a room play acting we miss the 'movie experience'. LOL

Strange, kind of takes the fun out of movie watching