Super Contributor

Did anybody get the Amazon Fire Phone? Reviews?

I am just wondering!
Respected Contributor

Re: Did anybody get the Amazon Fire Phone? Reviews?

I know someone here did. They posted that they had gotten it and so far so good. They were going to post more when they had more time to play with it. I hope they see your post and reply.

Esteemed Contributor

There maybe customer reviews on AT&T, and pro reviews at Cnet, and The Verge.

http://www.cnet.com/products/amazon-fire-phone/

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/22/5923697/amazon-fire-phone-review

Regular Contributor

Hey if you want an "Android" phone with no access to Google Play Services, then this is the phone for you.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:

Hey if you want an "Android" phone with no access to Google Play Services, then this is the phone for you.

Amazon has plenty of apps to choose from. They have the most wanted ones. I wouldn't worry about that.

Regular Contributor

On 8/12/2014 mima said:

Amazon has plenty of apps to choose from. They have the most wanted ones. I wouldn't worry about that.

How much is amazon paying you for that nonsense? Obviously you do not follow the DROID community you only go by what QVC tells you right? You obviously don't get it. Without Google services apps have to be rewritten to work on amazon's format. SO THERE IS NO POINT skinning an Android ROM by Amazon IF YOU CANNOT USE ANDROID that's the point. No one said anything about not having apps. I SAID GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES which is totally different.

Respected Contributor

On 8/12/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 8/12/2014 mima said:

How much is amazon paying you for that nonsense? Obviously you do not follow the DROID community you only go by what QVC tells you right? You obviously don't get it. Without Google services apps have to be rewritten to work on amazon's format. SO THERE IS NO POINT skinning an Android ROM by Amazon IF YOU CANNOT USE ANDROID that's the point. No one said anything about not having apps. I SAID GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES which is totally different.

I wish Amazon was paying me. I also don't watch QVC. Is QVC selling these phones? I saw them on Amazon not QVC.

I am assuming you can use the same apps on this phone that are on the Kindles. I have all the ones I'd ever need on my Kindle, so I'm assuming if I were to buy the phone there would be plenty of apps to keep me happy.

I have the same apps that are on my Samsung Note 3 that I do on my Kindles and they all sync just fine.

I'm not understanding what the problem is.

Honored Contributor

Google Play Services is designed to make Android apps compatible across multiple versions of Android. It's not vital to an Amazon phone as there's only one version of Amazon's version of Android. And yes, Amazon has pretty nearly every app most users want or need.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

William, I just searched and QVC doesn't even sell the phones. So why would QVC be telling us about them?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/12/2014 mima said:

You can not share apps from your Galaxy Note 3 phone with your Kindle Fire tablets. Kindle products do not use the Google Play Store. This is a problem.