Esteemed Contributor

Dead Car Battery - Halo Bolt Charger

QVC had a special for the Halo Bolt Charger before Christmas - I bought one for hubby. It's so small and I know he had a lot of doubts. Fast forward to today - 2/12/19 - it's a very cold, windy day and our garage is drafty. We're retired so the cars don't get driven every day. Hubby got in his big Ford Explorer for a doctor's appointment, tried to start it and there it was - the battery wouldn't turn over.

He started to get the big jumper cables out and I had visions of shuffling my car around. And then I remembered the Halo Bolt. His exact words were "I'll eat my shirt if that starts my Explorer". Guess who had the last laugh! It worked! I originally bought it for power outages so we could at least plug a light in or charge our laptops and phones if we lost power, but never thought we'd use it to charge a car battery even though that's one of the main selling points.

I'm now a believer!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dead Car Battery - Halo Bolt Charger

I always wondered about the Halo Bolt Charger and reading your input on this post has me thinking about purchasing one...I am glad it worked!!!!

Contributor

@jannabelle1 Post a picture of hubby eating his shirt. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@woman63, haha.....he was absolutely amazed and while he didn't eat his shirt (LOL), he told me what a great idea it was!

Esteemed Contributor

I gave my son a bolt for Christmas ant mentioned several times he needed to charge it. 

I just saw saw it today in his trunk unopened. I’m Texting him to charge it now and telling him how it started your husband’s car.(I got it for power outages & a light also.)

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53, it's not something that a person would use frequently, but when the need is there it's good to know we have something that works and is easy to use. Hubby is disabled, so moving cars around is not that easy for him (or me) to jump his car from mine. Plus the benefits during a power outage is a good thing too. Check out the last viedo presentation - what they're showing is true.

Trusted Contributor

I have 2 - one from a few years ago that I keep in the car, and one from the recent TSV, in the house.  Luckily my area very rarely loses power, but just in case ...

Last winter - same story - my dad's car wouldn't start.  My BIL was going to get his cables and I said "Oh wait ... "  He also didn't believe it would work.  He was shocked when dad's car started so easily.

And same story with my sister.  Her car wouldn't start in our driveway.  While she was on the phone talking to her husband, I took the cables out and started her car.  

Love my Halo!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@GAQShopr53, it's not something that a person would use frequently, but when the need is there it's good to know we have something that works and is easy to use. Hubby is disabled, so moving cars around is not that easy for him (or me) to jump his car from mine. Plus the benefits during a power outage is a good thing too. Check out the last viedo presentation - what they're showing is true.

Thank you @jannabelle1 I checked out the video and decided to put it on my wishlist hoping there is another TSV offer or price reduction.  I remember them selling for $99 and now the price is $124.  I have another portable battery charger but it is bulky and I would love something smaller...again thanks for sharing!

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53, what really surprised me was that after charging the Explorer's battery, the Halo Bolt doesn't need to be recharged! I got it for under $100, but after today I'm thinking of ordering a 2nd one for my car....or for more backup when we lose electricity.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1  Thank you for sharing.  Was it easy to use?

kindness is strength